wiring 2 componant sets.

Participant count
  • Participant list

saywhat?
5,000+ posts

satx120, jealous?
have an offer for a jbl 2 channel amp and am interested in it. i need to know if its possible to wire 2 componant sets (4 ohm each) including tweeters to a 2 channel amp safely. anybody?

less jumbled:

2 componant sets (4 ohm)

1 two channel amp # 4 Ohms: 180 watts x 2 chan.

# 2 Ohms: 290 watts x 2 chan.

can i wire safely?

If you wire them in parallel, yes. Assuming they are 4ohm sets and your amp can go to 2 ohms stereo like you say. Looks like you'll get about 145RMS to each set. I have another post about problems wiring them in series at 8 ohms, but I don't think that will apply to you.

have an offer for a jbl 2 channel amp and am interested in it. i need to know if its possible to wire 2 componant sets (4 ohm each) including tweeters to a 2 channel amp safely. anybody?
less jumbled:

2 componant sets (4 ohm)

1 two channel amp # 4 Ohms: 180 watts x 2 chan.

# 2 Ohms: 290 watts x 2 chan.

can i wire safely?
11k posts... that's crazy.

maybe posting the comp sets in question might help...

they're 4 ohm comps. 2 comps. parallel. 2 ohm. amp stable at 2 ohm? yes. Okay. now stfu noob w/ 11k post.

I learned something new. you only need comps if your subs drown out your fronts.... interesting.

no, you bolded a spec of the componants. my QUESTION is if the tweeters change the impedence. so again. answer or GTFO douche.
4 ohm is a spec of the WHOLE comp... why would you then question the tweets which are part of the comp? stupid fuck

maybe posting the comp sets in question might help...
they're 4 ohm comps. 2 comps. parallel. 2 ohm. amp stable at 2 ohm? yes. Okay. now stfu noob w/ 11k post.

I learned something new. you only need comps if your subs drown out your fronts.... interesting.
no, you dont need comps when your stock speakers sound just fine to you and are plenty loud. so i never needed them. and the brand/make doesnt matter. a VC is a VC. so again...answer my question. do tweeters change the ohm load of anything, yes....or no...

its really THAT ****ing simple. or do you just like being a dick in general?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.