Rate my budget setup....

Participant count
  • Participant list

saywhat?
5,000+ posts

satx120, jealous?

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

2x SSA Icon or 2x IA Lethal Injection or 2x AA Havoc (10" in any of these)

1x nine.1 (or similar)

1x nine.4 (or similar)

knu wiring

set scew lugs for all connections

Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif--this goes under the seat.

Have:

Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer

I know the RSD's are cheap componants, and if I don't like em they will be replaced but im not too picky as long it's not distorted and all. This will be in a blow thru type deal where we extend the back wall of the truck with sheet metal and steel tubing. Little different, but should work just fine. Subs will be ported at ~32-37.

Could I change anything and keep my budget/spending pretty close?

Also, the reason for two head units is that my truck is late 80s, early 90s minitruck. I want the old alpine pull out in the dash, 6 disc changer in the glove box, and then the new alpine mp3 setup under the seat, so I have that option as well. Going to be running a 140 amp gm1 wire alt.

EDIT: if its not a real cd, its in my ipod. if its a real cd it will go in the changer. don't like the quality of burned stuff but the ipod keeps all the quality it can, so all my d/l stuff goes on there.

AQ? Link?

there will be a build log once things get moving. probably build this winter. gotta make some money and enough for my buddy to buil the metal portion.

AQ? Link?

there will be a build log once things get moving. probably build this winter. gotta make some money and enough for my buddy to buil the metal portion.
http://www.audioque.com/aq/index.htm

Do a search on here on AQ. Tons of people using there stuff.

I was actually planning on using a AQ1200D but im trading it in for a SAE1200D

In the few times I have talked to Jacob(Sundown Owner) through email he has won me over.

You just cannot buy what he offers in service and help.

im wondering if i should run 2 subs or a good 15. Like a Death Row 15. I can't set a for sure setup yet subwise, as the box is going to be a little differet because of the frame kick up (fully newly built frame) and then the driveshaft tunnel will be raised a little too. either way its going to be a nice little system!

Wish I could help you with the IA's only heard one set up with them but was in a horrible box so I cant comment. I know alot of people like them. The one thing I have found usefull is just do a search for whatever you are thinking about. That has helped me more then any amount of posting question I have ever done. Being that im just now getting back into the CA scene that is my best friend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Goodluck with the build:D

i've been lookin at reviews. they all say the same really. bad ass quality for the price. can't be beat. bla bla bla. its all the same. you can only go so far with opinions on the manufacturers site and other "real life experience". i'll just have to wait and see what my truck will fit. I plan to buy the speakers shortly and hopefully have them running for scrain the coast.

I would actually search on this forum. should be TONS of reviews on almost anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Might want to call Nick, i'm not sure if the 10'' LI subs are available yet. He said they were coming in another thread, but i never followed up on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.