2009 Avalanche Install. Many Pics.

Participant count
  • Participant list

badstang123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Here is the install on my 2009 Avalanche. All components of the system are in my sig. Everything turned out extremely well. A friend and I spent about 12 straight hours on it and nearly killed ourselves but, except for the Nav unit, you'd never know there was a system in it when the seats are up. The tweets were mounted behind the stock tweeter grills and speakers in the doors are hidden of course as well. The subs are under the rear seat and amps and crossovers are all mounted on the rear mid-gate completely hidden with the seat up. Sounds awesome too. If I get the doors off again I'll get some pics of the mounting of the speakers. I made MDF cutouts with plastic bass cups behind them so each speaker has it's own sealed enclosure. Enjoy:

AvySystem.jpg

AvySystem01.jpg

AvySystem1.jpg

AvySystem2.jpg

AvySystem3.jpg

AvySystem4.jpg

AvySystem5.jpg

AvySystem6.jpg

how is the crossfire amps?
I had a Mustang before and have been using this set of amps for maybe four or five years with a lot of loud listening hours behind them. I have also been using Crossfire since their older BMF amps were around as well.

Better amps can be had but they are definitely good amps. You will get your rated power and more out of them. The birth sheet on the VR1000D was just over 1300 watts at 14.4 volts. Like I said they aren't McIntosh but they provide good clean power.

I had a Mustang before and have been using this set of amps for maybe four or five years with a lot of loud listening hours behind them. I have also been using Crossfire since their older BMF amps were around as well.
Better amps can be had but they are definitely good amps. You will get your rated power and more out of them. The birth sheet on the VR1000D was just over 1300 watts at 14.4 volts. Like I said they aren't McIntosh but they provide good clean power.
nice im lookin for 600 rms at 2 ohms what ya think about the 1000d for that with the gains set right? i never used there stuff.. oh yea nice build lol

How do those MB Quarts sound?
I bought into the hype but was not impressed by the MB Quarts after I installed them in my Mustang. I had to turn the tweeter attenuation all the way down to make them bearable. Thus them being in the rear in this install. In my opinion the tweeter is just far to harsh. The mid is okay but it's not anything I would rave about either. If I could do it again I would have never bought them. In this install they work fine for the rear since I'm nowhere near the tweeter.

It really depends on taste though. I prefer a extremely smooth and full sound. I dislike the tingy harshness of something like the MB Quarts or JL's for instance. The Bostons I just put up front I prefer 100 times over the MB Quarts. But they have a silk polymer tweeter which makes a big difference compared to the aluminum (Again IMHO). The Boston mid is more powerful too but they are 6.5" as opposed to the MB Quarts being 5.25" so that may be the difference there.

Edit: I just realized you guys meant the Subs. LMAO!!!!

The Subs sound very good. They are rated at 400 RMS but are taking more wattage than that well. They are clean and hit deep notes pretty well too. I haven't really pushed them yet to see what they can really do though. But so far they are extremely impressive for a shallow mount subwoofer. I can say that every person that has heard them is impressed with how they hit for two 10's in a truck cab. (Note: The basket is very wide and your cutout hole needs to be near perfect. I recommend a custom made box or that you be ready to make alterations to the cutout diameter if buying a pre-fabbed box for your vehicle with a 9" cutout.)

nice im lookin for 600 rms at 2 ohms what ya think about the 1000d for that with the gains set right? i never used there stuff.. oh yea nice build lol
I think the amp would do well. I just checked last week though and it was $400 for a new one that is the same model as mine and it is a 4 or 5 years old model. I am using them because they still work and I have no need to replace them. But it might be worth looking into some newer amps out there (Even new model Crossfire maybe) If you can find a good deal on a used one then that might be worth it though. If you use it right it will be a solid amp that will last. I don't know the details of your setup, however, so it's tough to say exactly what would be best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.