lanzar vibe 250 amp

dl-ausher

cheap power!
mo
i just bought a lanzar vibe 250 off ebay and i was wondering about the quality of lanzar. 10 years ago they were awsome amps. how are they now and is the vibe 250 good? my local car audio shop said the vibe series was the only good amp they put out now? if so which vibe series amp is it?

2 x 250 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms

2 x 500 Watts Max at 4 Ohms

1 x 1000 Watts Max at 4 Ohms Bridged

2 x 450 Watts at 2 Ohms

this is the power out put of the vibe 250. in rms power what can i realistically expect? and can it handle loads in mono bridged at 2 ohms and 1 ohm?

i have a vibe 250 and im runnin a 12" L7 runnin at 4-ohms bridged and it puts out about 350-400 watts rms....i think. Never really benched it but with a fuse rating of 50 amps i doubt it could put out more than that unless it is really really efficient.

i have a lanzar vhc2000. and i know it is putting out it's rated power that is if you supply it with it's 160 amps it needs for its 4 40 amp fuses. but i am probably going to sell it becaue it is a little too large in size .

i will be running a pair of pyle 15" subs model #plm1599d with the vibe 250, my friend is running the same subs with a boss riot 1400 watt monoblock amp and it hits hard and sounds suprisingly awsome. i am hoping this vibe 250 will be as good or better. what u guys think?

my local car audio shop said the vibe series was the only good amp they put out now? if so which vibe series amp is it?
The shop fed you a line of shyt so you'd buy thier amp. Vibe is decent stuff - but it's definitly in the cheap to mediocre category, and it's in the lower 1/2 of Lanzar's product line as far as quality. It should give you pretty good performance, but I seriously doubt it will put out rated power. I used a Vibe 430, 230 and 1200D. All in all, pretty good amps for the money, but not great.

The Optidrives are and always have been Lanzar's best stuff. If you can find one of those (ebay) you'll have a great amp.

well i bought the amp off an ebay store not my local shop, they dont carry lanzar. but i remember a long time ago lanzar was one of the best brands of amps out ther, what happen to them?

...i remember a long time ago lanzar was one of the best brands of amps out ther, what happen to them?
Nothing, they just diversified - instead of just optidrive, now they have:

Viberant

Vibe

NEO

Rack

Vibe Pro

Opti SL

VHC

Optidrive

Back in the 80's and 90's Lanzar was a stand alone company. Ownership has changed, but Optidrive is still top notch. The Vibe Pro, Rack, VHC, and Opti SL series' all seem to be very solid performers, while Vibe and Viberant are basically budget amps, but seem to be pretty good products for the cost.

Nothing, they just diversified - instead of just optidrive, now they have:

Viberant

Vibe

NEO

Rack

Vibe Pro

Opti SL

VHC

Optidrive

Viberant is the Vibe Cousin so to say right???? Are they better than the vibes themselves???

Actually I think viberant internals are exactly the same as the vibes, except that the viberants have jacked up ratings.

The vibe xx0 and xx1 series seem to have the most believable ratings while the xx5 and xx8 series' are pretty badly over-rated.

Meaning the Vibe 220, 221, 225, and 228 are all basically the same amp, just minor tweaks here and there and different heatsinks. I wrote lanzar once about my hunch and they basically confirmed my suspiscion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.