Ok I got a jig saw and I hate using that. So I bought this 3 in 1 cuttin tool from sears and it has a compass on it to do perfect circles. Problem is it breaks bits before I can ever finish a circle. Any ideas on a tool to cut circles with? Links would help.

Go slowly to avoid breaking bits ... some are cheap and are destined to break anyway.

A router works well for cutting circles. Fun to use :)

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid

Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

I just got this new tool. RotoZip, spiral cutter or something, but it's got this attachment that does circles from 4inch to 14inch. Perfect for making any type of speaker box. Plus it's made for doing crazy difficult cuts. Best money I have spent in a while.

This years line up.....

*eD, Tsunami, CDT, Alpine, EFX wiring/block/fuses*

I just got this new tool. RotoZip, spiral cutter or something, but it's got this attachment that does circles from 4inch to 14inch. Perfect for making any type of speaker box. Plus it's made for doing crazy difficult cuts. Best money I have spent in a while.

Only thing I hate about spiral saws is the blades are hella expensive and you can go through quite a few of them if you don't take your time. A ¼" router with a homemade compass jig will cut perfect circles and the blades don't wear out as quickly.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum -- Vegetius

"I told her about my conversation three years ago with the political leader of Islamic Jihad in Gaza. "What's the difference between suicide, which the Koran condemns, and martyrdom?" I asked. "Suicide," he replied, "is done out of despair. But remember: most of our martyrs today were very successful in their earthly lives." In short, there was a future to live for--and they detonated it anyway."

you guys need a circle cutter like the one I use...

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ

Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)

RF 60.2 amp

eD A15.22

Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

I dunno what you were doing, but they are made to cut circles and odd shapes. I have used the same blade for about 5-10 different projects and not one broken bit....

paikiah...what do you use?

This years line up.....

*eD, Tsunami, CDT, Alpine, EFX wiring/block/fuses*

I dunno what you were doing, but they are made to cut circles and odd shapes. I have used the same blade for about 5-10 different projects and not one broken bit....

paikiah...what do you use?

Well, I used this:

5134hole_cutter-med.jpg?2132

No, not the cap, the metal contraption behind the cap. Last I checked, it's not available in Northern America. It's quite a handy tool, it'll cut holes large enough for 18" with ease.

Blade breaks? No problem, a replacement is but $3~$5, although these can pierce aluminium too, so if you break it whilst cutting MDF, you should really not be touching power tools anymore. I've so far cut over 20 holes with the same blades, didn't even -resharpen the blades yet. You box building guys should REALLY have this, it's easier than to rig up a router, all you need is a drill.

I've tried cutting 0.75" MDF with a cordless drill on it (gotte upgrade the chuck to a larger one) and it worked, although there was quite a lot of strain on it.

Man, I love my hole cutter;)

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ

RF 60.2 amp

eD A15.22

what about cutting sqares wht would your gys use for that?

HDRibanner.jpg

Loserpunk [buyer]

Kevokrook77 [buyer] x2

HCCAfan [buyer]

PRIVATEpastry [seller]

Trevor87 [seller]

Manosteel916 [buyer]

Vosschs [buyer]

jaberocs [buyer]

6spdcoupe [buyer]

Klepto [seller]

XxSuperAdamxX [seller]

kpozr2 [buyer]

what about cutting sqares wht would your gys use for that?

Jigsaw most likely. Table saw or circular saw would also work if need be.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid

Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

paikiah I've seen one of those before. I think we might have one but I'm not sure. I've heard about the rotozip too and it seems to be better than other tools for hole cutting. I think when I build my next box, I'm going to router out some, but not all, so the sub fits in flush with the wood. Now that's an install. ;).

- pe@ce

Audio Setup:

Car: Late Model '99 Jetta

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P680MP

Subs: (2) eD 13Ov.2 D4

Amp: AQ 1200D

Wiring: KnuKonceptz 4 Gauge

Music: Google Play Music

^ You'll want to double baffle the face or build a mounting ring if you go that route....

"The world is full of people who want nothing short of perfect,

but settle for less, blinded by their quest for purpose."

- Slug

^ You'll want to double baffle the face or build a mounting ring if you go that route....

Not if you use 1" MDF :)

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

Most people aren't sick in the head like you. ;)

- Slug

Just for fact 1" MDF will get you really sick if you try to cut it. Thats why they only sell it at specialty lumber yards. Your best bet is to get either 2 -1/2" and glue/screw them together after cutting holes or get 2 3/4" MDF and do the same. Always make sure to wear eye protection as well, the particles that come from MDF when cut are about the smallest dust you can find it will penetrate most fabrics with no problem. Also make sure to have a good respirator.

Civics are like Tampons, Every PU SSY needs one!!!

A router (table). One of the best tools in a woodshop. If you have a round template to use, then using a router is the easiest way to go, period.

~JB

Just for fact 1" MDF will get you really sick if you try to cut it. Thats why they only sell it at specialty lumber yards. Your best bet is to get either 2 -1/2" and glue/screw them together after cutting holes or get 2 3/4" MDF and do the same. Always make sure to wear eye protection as well, the particles that come from MDF when cut are about the smallest dust you can find it will penetrate most fabrics with no problem. Also make sure to have a good respirator.

Not familiar w/ that sick myth, but down here at the Home Depot that my mom works at and I shop at they sell 1" MDF! So I don't know of any "specialty lumberyards" that your talking about!

:confused:

It really depends on the store....there are two Home Depots near me, one stocks 3/4" MDF and nothing bigger, and the other only stocks 1/2" and anything bigger has to be special ordered.

- Slug

He's right to a point. If you don't wear a dust mask, that shit can do very bad things to your lungs. I work with it for six hours a day, six days a week, but i wear a ventilator so i won't die early :) For some reason, the dust off this masonite stuff is a lot finer and a lot more abundant than the dust from regular 3/4" stock....

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

He's right to a point. If you don't wear a dust mask, that shit can do very bad things to your lungs.

I know that one, I used to sandblast for awhile without any kind of masks or respirators...not good at all for your lungs.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum -- Vegetius

"I told her about my conversation three years ago with the political leader of Islamic Jihad in Gaza. "What's the difference between suicide, which the Koran condemns, and martyrdom?" I asked. "Suicide," he replied, "is done out of despair. But remember: most of our martyrs today were very successful in their earthly lives." In short, there was a future to live for--and they detonated it anyway."

i use my rotozip and it works great, dont even need a circle cutter if you can find a 12 inch ring off an old box or somethin to use as a template

2 Audiobahn AW1206T

Audiobahn ABC600Q Components

Panasonic CQ-DF903U Deck

PROFILE CA1200 Amp

paikiah, where the hell do i get one??

well, I don't think you CAN get the circle cutter over in the states, so that's why one is in the mail for Dustin..;)

If anyone needs it, and is serious about it, gimme a holler~

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ

RF 60.2 amp

eD A15.22

What's the price for one of them? I'd be interested if the price is right... :)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now