???Amp rack ideas for small suv???

Beerdrnkr
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Diego
I have a bunch of large old school PPI's coming soon that I'll be matching up with 2 15" round kicker solo-barics. I don't have much room and was hoping someone had any ideas for an amp rack. I've searched through a lot of the truck/suv photos and this is the only amp rack that looks like it might be somewhat manageable to do in my suv: http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=8655&c=503

Any other ideas or pics of a setup that is similar? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

what SUV, im brainstorming as i type this for my blazer.
It's for a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara.

That's similar to what I did but my amps are hidden underneath. Are you wanting to display the amps?
No, I don't really need to display the amps so it's not a big deal.

Here's some pics of the back and I'm trying to stay below the cover so if someone were to look in it they wouldn't see anything.

it looks like your car might have space under the seats? thats what i really wanted to do in my blazer, but i had to settle with this:

(of course i cleaned the wires up)

P1010112.jpg

its just a board with 1x2s outlining it, and a fiberboard cover velcro-ed over

P1010097.jpg

still need to carpet the box though

P1010113.jpg

it looks like your car might have space under the seats? thats what i really wanted to do in my blazer, but i had to settle with this:
(of course i cleaned the wires up)

P1010112.jpg

its just a board with 1x2s outlining it, and a fiberboard cover velcro-ed over

P1010097.jpg

still need to carpet the box though

P1010113.jpg
I wish I had room under the seats. There is absolutely no room under them. The last few setups I've had, the amps were mounted on the seats or on the box, so I'm looking for something different and maybe something that hopefully wouldn't take up as much space.

100_0058.jpg

DSCN0040.jpg

100_1040.jpg

IMO, depending on the amount of amps, threaded rod is your best friend.
Well I'll have about 4 or 5 old school PPI amps with the longer ones being around 24" in length and I only have about 41" across and 28" deep in the back. I think the only thing I can do is either stack them all or make a false floor with the sub enclosure on top, somewhat similar to the pic. on my first post.

Something like the amps along the floor in the rear and a piece of mdf over them with fans and the sub enclosure on top of the amp rack. Anyone have anymore pics of something similar or have any other ideas or suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.