system on auto insurance???

tsupra98
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
waco, tx
does anyone have there system on there auto insurance? i called and talked to them and they told me to get them some the retail value on my system. so i looked up all the retail and it over 4k but it's not worth near that much anymore and i know it. if anyone has there system on there insurance what did you tell them as far as numbers go? and how much does it cost them?

gave them a rough estimate of actual purchase value based on the reciepts that i have... they will not honor any payout if you have no proof of purchase (as far as i know, had friends, but never personally filed a claim...) they will pay out the lowest depreciated value of your gear that they can, at least from what i've seen... just remember that at least with my provider they wont give jack without reciepts...

edit... i claimed a little over 2000 and it was an extra 12 dollars a month or something...

gave them a rough estimate of actual purchase value based on the reciepts that i have... they will not honor any payout if you have no proof of purchase (as far as i know, had friends, but never personally filed a claim...) they will pay out the lowest depreciated value of your gear that they can, at least from what i've seen... just remember that at least with my provider they wont give jack without reciepts...
edit... i claimed a little over 2000 and it was an extra 12 dollars a month or something...
who do you have?

if you have full coverage, your system should be coverd also. i would think that if you specificaly list 4k worth of audio equipment it would raise your rate. in most cases they prob. wont cover anything that you dont have recites for

if you have full coverage, your system should be coverd also. i would think that if you specificaly list 4k worth of audio equipment it would raise your rate. in most cases they prob. wont cover anything that you dont have recites for
yea thats what i was thinking. and i sure as hell didn't pay retail for it.

i had a couple amps stollen about 6-7 years ago, my insurance reimbursed me for the cost of the amps (- deductible) then a year later i got a call from the police, someone had tried to pawn one of the amps and was arrested, but because the insurance company had paid me, i couldnt get the amp back because "if we paid your claim the amp now belongs to us"

from what the rep told me paypal money trasfers can be used as long as it specifies what the purchase was for, he may of been telling false truths though... underwriters are pretty sneaky...
yea thats the thing is i have recites for stuff like that but i got it all hella cheap so if i could get a little more out if it then i'd be happy. but also for like my four channel and speakers and deck they came in the car when i bought it and they are jl memphis and pioneer on the deck and they are pretty nice but i don't have any recites for those but i still want hose covered

for my insurance, i had to take a "writer" for the stereo. its for other things in or on the car that arent factory.. im insured for $2500. and no it isnt the retail for the system.

yea thats the thing is i have recites for stuff like that but i got it all hella cheap so if i could get a little more out if it then i'd be happy. but also for like my four channel and speakers and deck they came in the car when i bought it and they are jl memphis and pioneer on the deck and they are pretty nice but i don't have any recites for those but i still want hose covered
try callimg the insurance company and explaining that, maybe they can work with you... i had the same problem with the rims on my car, but they were still able to cover them, the dealer i bought the car from helped verify that with the insurance company though...

did you buy your gear with credit cards? debit card? i didnt have receipts but the statements that prove you purchase such items will work.. at first i thought it wouldnt work but it did //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

**** this thread has some of the worst spellers ever //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had Statefarm and my car got broken into. The thieves stole a Pioneer fold-out TV, a JL 10w7, and two JL amps. Besides that, they broke the trim piece around the radio, slashed one of the leather seats and steering wheel while trying to rip the gear out, and trashed my custom enclosure. I ended up getting 100% value for all of the items that were damaged including my custom enclosure. I think it was between $4 and 5 grand. Statefarm was incredibly helpful throughout the process. I'd be surprised if any other insurance company is that helpful.

And I don't know if I ever submitted the value of my system to them but I had receipts for everything which helped. If you don't have receipts, I imagine they'll give you whatever they think it costs to replace the item.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.