Steveopevo

Are Sony h/u getting better

I know they've sucked for a long time but the 2009 models look nice and seem to have good features and specs. Any thoughts???

I know they've sucked for a long time but the 2009 models look nice and seem to have good features and specs. Any thoughts???

ive never looked at them as shitty. just not my taste.

the new unit's are about the same bell's and whistles just a new style.

i like the unit with built in blue tooth, been selling those like hot cakes.

sorry, I should have been more specific. the older models didn't have the tuning features and preamp voltage that I like. And didn't see one with 3 pre-outs till recently.

I think sony is coming out with better stuff now. We just got a new line of sony stuff at best buy and all of them have high pass/low pass/3 band eqs, some of the higher models even have 7 band eqs :eek: Theyve added a new feature which is some kinda fancy mp3 decoding deal or something, and some of the newer models even have usb, distributor cost starts around 40$ for the base model with the high pass, 3 band eq, 3 volt preouts (3 sets) and a bunch of other decent looking stuff. I cant find the models anywhere and not on the bb website either, theyre not out on our planogram yet.

Id like to try one, but my first radio was a sony, and then i upgraded to pioneer, and dont plan on going back. But for a cheap build id give it a shot.

I thought Sony always had good stuff...I have Sony Xplode I bought at Wal-Mart 2 years ago that has time alignment...13band EQ per ch....so 4chs ...all pre outs 4v's ..HP and LP crossovers...pretty nice

I had X plod HU once.

Needless to say it died within 2 months use.

Waste of $150

should've been under warranty...you could have sent it back and they would've repaired or replaced it

I had X plod HU once.

Needless to say it died within 2 months use.

Waste of $150

go back to brazil troll!!

i know who u are...

should've been under warranty...you could have sent it back and they would've repaired or replaced it

I bought it used.

It was a really cool headunit, had like 7 different back ground and moving animations. Back then i didn't know any better.

Performance was defiantly bad. At it overheated all the time

go back to brazil troll!!

i know who u are...

i say put him on a mountain in Colorado and give him something to complain about....:p:

i cant complain about how long they last. I have a sony gtx210 i bought for 100 bucks from circuit city back in 2001, its been through a few cars, but still works like new, however it didnt sound the best.

I thought Sony always had good stuff...I have Sony Xplode I bought at Wal-Mart 2 years ago that has time alignment...13band EQ per ch....so 4chs ...all pre outs 4v's ..HP and LP crossovers...pretty nice

How much did that bad boy cost? Sounds like some primo features.

ive never looked at them as shitty. just not my taste.

the new unit's are about the same bell's and whistles just a new style.

i like the unit with built in blue tooth, been selling those like hot cakes.

x2

Although I hate Seth, I'll agree with him.

Sony's HU's aren't that bad. I wouldn't call someone an idiot for having one. Most processors are that way, though.

We have been saleing sony HU's for 2 years, Not one bad unit. To bad they cant get them to our supplier, I am going to quit using them cause of it.

I like the sony units only because they dont try and charge you an insane amount of money for addons. They come with what I want. An iPod hookup. I had to pay 50 for my kenwood ip500 it was 100 and I had to talk the guy at the shop down. :D