Tips/ Tricks for sound proofing

Participant count
  • Participant list

c_james_s
10+ year member

SQ over SPL
usa
Ive got a problem with my trim pieces rattleing but I dont know exactly the best way to get rid of the noise. Ive used dynamat on the hatch and sub area and on all the doors where the speakers are, inside and outside of each door. Now im hearing all the trim rattleing and making noise and its driving

me nutts. Do you guys put dynamat on the plastic door pieces too? Whats the best way to get rid of plastic on plastic noise? Any tips and tricks you know of would be great. Ive heard that a bead of calking might help. Ive tried spray foam once in the past on an old car and all I got was more noise. Thanks.

i ususally just stuff paper towels behind whatever is rattling, as long as it wont get wet. pretty much anything to prevent the two surfaces from touching during vibration...
What did you do about where the panels meet? Or did that much dynamat not let the panel vibrate at all so no noise?

What did you do about where the panels meet? Or did that much dynamat not let the panel vibrate at all so no noise?
on my ride the dynamat definately helped, but the build quality of the doors and overall car was surprisingly good so i don't have a ton of rattles... the trunk was another story. i used towels and paper towels if i could get them to stay to separate surfaces, and will be going back later with some expanding foam as well (this is for metal to metal) as far as plastic surfaces i just put anything to make a spacer so the two don't touch, but on the plastic panels that can be tricky to do if the xmas tree plastic fittings that keep the panel on aren't holding... it's mostly been trial and error...

rattles ****...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.