AQ 1200 Clipping

jamesw
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
HK
I recently just put a 1200d and 2 Aq 2.5 tens in my buddys toyota avalon and for some reason It begins to clip when you turn the gain up past a 1/4... Amp settings are all right, Using a kenwood deck not positive on model. Any help would be appreciated

the clipping light on the remote bass knob lights up??? or is it Acctually clipping ???... as in you have an o-scope hooked up to it .. and or HEAR the clipping ?

You can hear it a little bit And the Light is coming on, Havent hooked up my friends scope up to it yet but I do know that my 2200's Clip LED is Pretty Accurate about when its clipping cause I have hooked up the scope to that

You can hear it a little bit And the Light is coming on, Havent hooked up my friends scope up to it yet but I do know that my 2200's Clip LED is Pretty Accurate about when its clipping cause I have hooked up the scope to that
I will second that, im teh guy with the scope and on an AQ 2200 we played tones and the clipping went off before actual clipping on the scope. But it was pretty close, hooking up the scope would be the only way to find out if its actual clipping.

Edit: also you can hear audible clipping but from a trunk its pretty hard IMO

William

How much preamp voltage are you running? If you are running a 5v or 8v deck that isn't uncommon. Kenwood's are very strong on the preouts. I've seen 5v Kenwoods do 7.5 volts through the preouts. Also do you have the bass boost turned up?

The same thing is happening to me. I can be playing at a moderate/high volume, and my clipping light on my bass control will light up. I had a professional car audio store(known for being one of the best places in Kansas) install all of my equipment. But when the light does turn on, I don't hear anything out of the norm though. Any ideas, or should I just ignore the light?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.