how do you remember?

chrisw91
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i need something to help me remember wiring configurations. series from parallel. like for voltage and ohms and amps, people use the water valve as a way to remember. any good ideas on how to remember series from parallel. and also how to do the math on a final ohm load of multiple subs. i basically want to not have to look on rockfords website everytime i want to know.

I guess you can remember series configuration like a series of loads, where the current must flow through each load to complete the series.

When things are parallel the current will split and distribute through each load.

I hope that helps you out.

Quite. Electrical. You'll learn the math for calculating current flow and voltage, along with resistances, memorize, and never forget it again.

series you add the load of all the resistors, 2 4ohm resistors in series delivers a 8ohm load...

parrallel you divide the resistance (in ohms) by the number of resistors. 2 4ohm resistors in parrallel is simply the resistance (4ohms) divided by the number of resistors (2) so final is 2ohms. works regardless of quantity.

20 1ohm resistors in series has a final load of 20ohms

10 2ohm resistors in parrallel is 2/10, or a final of 0.2ohms

series you add the load of all the resistors, 2 4ohm resistors in series delivers a 8ohm load...
parrallel you divide the resistance (in ohms) by the number of resistors. 2 4ohm resistors in parrallel is simply the resistance (4ohms) divided by the number of resistors (2) so final is 2ohms. works regardless of quantity.

20 1ohm resistors in series has a final load of 20ohms

10 2ohm resistors in parrallel is 2/10, or a final of 0.2ohms
Don't forget about series-parallel as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yup...like tying your shoes. you either know how to do this stuff and understand it, or you dont
and don't feel bad if you don't I once had a guy try to sell me a dual 1ohm sub because my amp did rated power at 1ohm, i spent half an hour trying to explain to him dual 1ohm is .5 or 2 final.

so if you can't remember, stick to the rockford website, whatever makes it easiest

parallel the wires never cross, thus being "parallel". and parallel cuts the ohms in 1/2

series, there is a "series" of + to - before it gets to the amp. series multiplies ohms x2

parallel the wires never cross, thus being "parallel". and parallel cuts the ohms in 1/2
series, there is a "series" of + to - before it gets to the amp. series multiplies ohms x2
That only applies when the reisstances are the same and using two speakers/subs...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.