JVC KD-AR8500 Reception Issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ridley
10+ year member

The Audio N00bie
I've had this HU for a little over 6 months now and from day one I've had poor reception on the radio. I can never find my local channels and when I do, it cuts in and out. Is this a known problem with this model? Is there a way to fix this issue without taking it back or is it a defective unit?

Thanks for the help!

you sure your antenna is plugged into the HU securely? a loose antenna connection could do it. Also if you have power antenna and don't have the power antenna wire hooked up, that could do it too

I drive a Dodge Neon. Would that have a power antenna?

I had a guy check it out when I first had the issue and he said everything was hooked up correctly.

I'll have a look.

Before I rip this thing apart.... are you aware of any problems with this model? The guy that checked the setup said there are problems with reception depending on which model you choose.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.