Just set my gains with DMM

OMG, yes if the volume is the same. You are going to be able to turn the volume up higher now though so it doesn't matter. And your max volume should be around what you had it at when setting the gains FYI

OMG, yes if the volume is the same. You are going to be able to turn the volume up higher now though so it doesn't matter. And your max volume should be around what you had it at when setting the gains FYI
i did that.. i just got the output at 42.4v like im supposed to for 900w at 2 ohms..

both times when i did it by ear and dmm i had it at 75% vol

i did that.. i just got the output at 42.4v like im supposed to for 900w at 2 ohms..
both times when i did it by ear and dmm i had it at 75% vol
then you should be able to turn it up to 75% with little or no distortion and it should be about as loud as it was before since you can turn the HU volume up higher now. You probably had distortion before, so it should also sound much better.

To answer the question in one word i would say "no"

ok just hooked everything back up and it was a little quieter.. gain is at about 4.4-4.7v.. i have the output measured at 46v since i know you can set the gains higher with music than a test tone.. but can i still turn it up a little more?

and also.. when i calculated all of this with an online calculator my gain should have been at 2.36v in order to put out 900w with my hifonics 1208d wired at 2 ohms(see pic)

calc.jpg

what could be affecting this? i had no load hooked up to the amp when i set my gain with the dmm but i read another thread on here saying that shouldnt matter..

ok just hooked everything back up and it was a little quieter.. gain is at about 4.4-4.7v.. i have the output measured at 46v since i know you can set the gains higher with music than a test tone.. but can i still turn it up a little more?
and also.. when i calculated all of this with an online calculator my gain should have been at 2.36v in order to put out 900w with my hifonics 1208d wired at 2 ohms(see pic)

gains.jpg

what could be affecting this? i had no load hooked up to the amp when i set my gain with the dmm but i read another thread on here saying that shouldnt matter..
did you have the car running when you set gains?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.