Hooking up a pc to my head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Intel91

I want to try and hook up a permanent pc in my car to my head unit so I can see my pc display on my head unit. I have a VM9512HD Head unit. I know how to hook up my computer to the av in. My problem lies in that I also want to use the touchscreen to control my computers mouse. There is a black cable coming from my head unit that looks like an rca jack that seems to be a touchscreen interface. My question is basically, how can I control my pc using my touchscreen head unit. I plan on using a separate small wireless keyboard for typing.

Thanks.

I want to try and hook up a permanent pc in my car to my head unit so I can see my pc display on my head unit. I have a VM9512HD Head unit. I know how to hook up my computer to the av in. My problem lies in that I also want to use the touchscreen to control my computers mouse. There is a black cable coming from my head unit that looks like an rca jack that seems to be a touchscreen interface. My question is basically, how can I control my pc using my touchscreen head unit. I plan on using a separate small wireless keyboard for typing.
Thanks.
There are no wires coming out of the back of any touch screen "that I know of" that allows you to hook something up to use the touch screen with' You are probably looking at a s-vide in.

Thanks.
couldnt resist

jensen VM9512HD

get a touch screen monitor get a carputer bam, I think actually i know theres no way a jensen unit let alone any is going to be able to control a PC from the touch screen

There are no wires coming out of the back of any touch screen "that I know of" that allows you to hook something up to use the touch screen with' You are probably looking at a s-vide in.
Its not svid. It literally looks like an rca jack. It is a black wire, and says touchscreen on it. I am pretty sure the wire is supposed to be used to addon a nav unit and allow the nav to interface with the touchscreen. I dont care about nav, so I was just wondering if there was an adapter and driver that would allow it to interface with the computer.

I guess I'll see if I can make an adapter and write a driver for the comp that might work. If not Ill just interface the computer with the monitor without the touchscreen and use a mini keyboard with a built in mouse trackball.

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.