bolting to floor

then drill upwards i guess? i know where approximately where in the inside id like to but as in knowing where it is from underneath the car?

If you must just cut a small slit to put the punch through. You want a good solid mark and the carpet will probably have you swatting the punch too much to make it easy.

im going to do it opposite probably. take out all the carpet and punch from under the car. i doubt id find a little dent under teh car. time to go experiment

thanks for your help guys!

Why would you try from under the car when you need to know where to run bolts through from the inside? Just pull the carpet, look at the floorboard and remember its features (humps/depressions/etc) and get under the car and look for them. Then drill... I don't see why this should be a complicated process :p

****. the seatbelts are keeping me from removing the plastic panels to get the carpet out. big torx screwdriver needed. and ofcource its christmas so no hardware stores open. ugh. ***** waiting

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.