all 6.5's

from left to right

1) Peerless SLS 6.5

2) Tang Band 6.5 Subwoofer

3)Memphis Mclass

4) Rainbow CMX Kick

hw9thd.jpg

v8kitg.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif:eek://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wowflash.gif.89a61f4caede63a11dac36e97d61323e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif:eek:

lol no it was just holding the wires from dangling everywhere.. the tangs only have one terminal on each side..

that peerless sls is broke, something happened between the tinsel and voice coil.. got a enw ne for free tho,

the memphis mclass do not die no matter what i do to them

the cmx kicks brother has been shipped in for warranty (3 months ago with still no word)

and the tangs i got a pair for $25 each

i recommend the sls over it... the tang has more snap... the sls has more depth.. but the tang band is less sensative

but if you can get them on sale i say go for it.. even tho they are deep their magnet is skinny... the sls magnet is like the size of most 5.25 speakers

i love the memphis mclasses, they do not die.. i've smelt their coil burn everyday for 2 years... one of the terminals broke compeltely off.. they've been through rain and snow (and the crossovers rusted to death, when the shop put em in my doors) and i must of bottomed them out 10000 times

their tweeters died and the crossoverlitterally exploded when i gave em 280 watts tho =[

but the mids, they still work fine...

if you can fit a peerless sls 8.. i'd recommend that... for $50 its a steal

i like the sls over the tang but the tang is nice if you can give it the power... im not sure of its thermal limits tho... they both they've seen is 150 crossed at 60 with a 6db slope... no problem.. im gonna try putting 250 to the sls soon tho with a higher xover - but i dont think it will handle it thermally.. ill see how it goes

i've also heard good thigns about CSS (creative sound solutions) 7inch mid, i forget the model.. but its 8ohm =\

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Etac

10+ year member
Angry Bunny Killer
Etac
Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date