6x9's into rear deck of a maxima

blimblam
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
new orleans
im getting tired of all the bass from my sub and would like some trunk space right now so i decided that i'd just go with rear fill for now, but i don't want to lose all the bass completely so i decided to get some 6x9's but i realized that the rear deck for a 96 maxima is 6.5". i was wondering if i should just go with the 6.5s so i wouldnt have to do any cutting or would there not be enough bass?

asking if there is gonna be enough bass is really up to you, for some people a stock 4" has enough bass, for others 4000k and 18's isnt enough.

You could drop in some 6.5 woofers and see if you like that, get some tang band from parts express or i be some mli65 from parts express would sound good too.

If by bass you mean sub bass, anything below 50hz or so, then no you are gonna need a sub

Go with 8" subs in place of the 6x9's you will not be disappointed if you are willing to do a little modification and you can save your trunk space.

i would prefer to not do any mods.

i guess i will just go with some free air mid bass drivers to put in there. anyone know any good ones besides the a-fore mentioned tang bands and mli65?

also is the mli65 free air capable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.