Half decent inexpensive 6x9's

just this past weekend i sat in a car audio shop listening to all their 6x9's and i think that the best i've heard so far are the kenwood kfc-x698

135 shipped via onlinecarstereo.com

i loved these speakers

check out the JL VR690-CXi's or even the VR's depending on how much you want to spend. i just put four VR's in a custom fiberglass box on a tower in a boat. it is unreal, they should be even better in your car.

is it true that if you have 6x9 in the back, and subs, they will interfere with each other or somethin like that?

nope, but i'll ask steve or jon to confirm... if they comment then i'm wrong but i think no

With components up front, you don't need rear fill ... if you think you do, or like the way it sounds, go ahead and put it back there. I always suggest not putting anything back there, but if you feel the need, a round speaker, such as a 2 way or dedicated midbass 6.5" would work.

- Steve

i will have some good 6x9s in the mail in another day (infinity 693.5i's) i justwant some really good sound. is it still a good idea to get components or should i get 4x6'sthat will fit in my door? also, is it better to get those q form kickpanels for components or will they sound ok in my doors?

i will have some good 6x9s in the mail in another day (infinity 693.5i's) i justwant some really good sound. is it still a good idea to get components or should i get 4x6'sthat will fit in my door? also, is it better to get those q form kickpanels for components or will they sound ok in my doors?
Kick panels are ideal, but your doors would work.

I think you would be much happier with the sound of components, especially over 4x6's.

- Steve

if i get components, and put them in my doors will that require me to cut my doors at all?i havent looked under the door panels but i know my cavi takes 4x6's. also, if i do get comps and put them in kick panels i wont have anything playing in my doors right?

check the mounting depth of the speakers ur buying then look and see how much room u got back theyr and there ya go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.