PLz tell me which box you would build!

Onebadsrt
10+ year member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, im new to the forum but just doin my first decent size system and had a few ?s. ive always ran high powered single subs so ran ported boxes but this time im doing a triple sub set-up and need some opinions. my system will be going in a SRT8 jeep grand cherokee so i have a good bit of room, im running a pioneer 8000 head unit, with dual headrest tvs, and 3 kicker cvx 12's with either a kicker 1500/1 or 2500/1 and my main ? is would you do a ported or seald box. 2 shops have given me diff awnsers, one says ported will be MUCH louder and ill still have decent sound qual, the other says the sealed will be very loud, almost as loud as a ported with much better sound quality. i wont be doin meter shows but i do want to hit hard, and i mostly listen to rock and rap so i like decent sound quality but it doesnt hafta be GREAT! what would you go with and y? thanks everyone!!!

Cvx's. Id port the bishes but im an SPL guy. kicker dosent have great sound quality to begin with so sealing them dosent make sense IMO.

thanks, im still very undecided so all the opinions help, also would you run the 1500/1 or 2500/1, of course i want to spend less $ but dont want to over or under pwr the subs

Dont put those subs in that car man get 2 18 BTLs. I really want to sell my car to get a srt 8 how do you like yours?
Cause everyone dosent like walls //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i love my srt8, its comfortable, has every option in the world, and ran a 4.09 0-60 and 12.9 1/4 mile with 4 ppl in it lol!

as for the system, im gonna be runnin it at 2 ohm, and the only thing that scares me about ported is would the sound quality be horrible, also i dont want to rattle the jeep to death, do you think those three subs in a large ported box would kill my car lol?

id get the 2500 fer sure just keep the gains down. the quality wont be horrible. it wont rattle it too much and if it does just buy some deadening.

so do you think the system would be pretty quiet in a sealed box then, if i thought i could keep a sealed box within 2.5 dbs or so i would prob do sealed, but otherwise i do want it to be loud!

again, thanks everyone for your help!

so do you think the system would be pretty quiet in a sealed box then, if i thought i could keep a sealed box within 2.5 dbs or so i would prob do sealed, but otherwise i do want it to be loud!
again, thanks everyone for your help!
I've never gone sealed but I've read that sealed will lose you about 3 decibels on average. If some one knows for sure they can say.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.