loudest potential setup off 1500w

• 1 18" RE MT in 6cf@34hz

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • 2 15" OZ Audio MEs in 5cf@34hz

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 4 12" Kicker CVRs sealed in 1.5cf/per

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Usually Id always go for cone area, but in this case, the 18" MT on 2000-2500rms would probably be loudest compared to the other options if they were each seeing their reccomended wattages.

I could design you a sick ass 4th order for those CVR 12s though. Let me know if youre interested.

Usually Id always go for cone area, but in this case, the 18" MT on 2000-2500rms would probably be loudest compared to the other options if they were each seeing their reccomended wattages.
I could design you a sick ass 4th order for those CVR 12s though. Let me know if youre interested.
I have a bxi2006d so its not necessarily 2000w, hints the solid 1500w....

If you can do 6^ft...I'd say go ahead and squeeze as much as you can and put the CVR's in there, personally. More cone area and they're still a decently built woofer.

Another option could be two 15" R's possibly.

If you keep the CVR's sealed, I wouldnt go that route. If you can port them, somehow, that would be my choice.

The 1800rms or so is a little on the low side for the 18" MT, but would suffice just fine.

I have a bxi2006d so its not necessarily 2000w, hints the solid 1500w....
Actually if your car runs consistently at 14.4v that amp will actually put out 1728wrms @ 1 ohm to be exact lol, just lettin you know, and also that amp will run at .5 ohm as well with no problem and not get hot or shut off on you, just thought id give you a heads up on it.

Actually if your car runs consistently at 14.4v that amp will actually put out 1728wrms @ 1 ohm to be exact lol' date=' just lettin you know, and also that amp will run at .5 ohm as well with no problem and not get hot or shut off on you, just thought id give you a heads up on it.[/quote']
1728 exactly?

i really hope you made an error in your decimal placement and meant 1.5 and not .15... i cant think of ANY 12's that will run in .15 cubes (not well anyway)
he's talking about sub displacement, not total cubes.

ok well because the CVRs have the most benefits besides NOT being the loudest out the choices...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wowflash.gif.89a61f4caede63a11dac36e97d61323e.gif, regardless of cone area...I may just get them anyway.

They will take up the least space.

They'll be the cheapest out the 3.

They'll be brand new w/warranties.

And I can say i have 4 12"s in my trunk...ha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

besides they seem to be moving alittle bit of air here, and thats with about 1300w...

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos.html

The 15th post in the 12" section on kicker...katsooba's four 12"s

By the numbers the CVRs would provide the most output...however there are much more important factors to think about when deciding what subwoofer system to use. What kind of vehicle will they be in? What kind of goal do you have in mind for the sub(s)...SQ? SPL? SQL? What is MORE important output or linearity? What kind of music will you be playing (for the most part)? Efficiency for the subwoofer system is determined by the sub(s) used AND the enclosure design...not just the cone area (though obviously cone area helps). The MT will easily give you twice the excursion of the CVRs...so cone area X excursion = output...the 15s or 18 may very well move more air. Myself, I would go with the MT18...when dealing with speakers power=control. 1 18 with 1500watts will be much more linear than 4 12s sharing the same 1500 watts. If the 12s are designed to only handle 375watts and you are comparing them to an 18 that can handle 2000watts...well we're talking apples and oranges in terms of output capability and SQ potential. Also if SQ is what you're after then I still suggest the single driver route...A single driver will always create a more linear sound wave than multiple drivers creating individual waves that are coupled together(not that anyone would really HEAR the difference). Personally I say go with the 18 and add a nice set of 8s up front for midbass. That's my 2 cents...ok maybe 3 or 4 cents.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...