Adding on to existing system

Participant count
  • Participant list

CadillacMatt
10+ year member

Disturbing the Peace
I have an Excalibur alarm system that was installed earlier this year.

If I decided to install additional sirens, pain generators, etc. etc. would I need something along the lines of a relay to trigger them? (kinda like the concept of triggering multiple amps off of one remote wire).

i dont know if you could or not but you could always do what i did and that was hook up a 12volt source to your hood ornament to where if some one tries to steal it they get a nice little jolt .you might be able to rig up some thing to the handles to im not sure

Ok thanks. My main concern is avoiding taking it back to the shop that I had it installed at... shady, two-timing, incompetent crooks that left wires exposed, half-assed everything, and overcharged me.

oh god, steve at electronics 2000!

he is shady in and out. his employees literally have to race to the bank because chances are the last 2-3 guys in line will not get paid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.