Need help designing enclosure for 18" BTL

Participant count
  • Participant list

mk_
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Tempe, AZ
Hey guys,

My next build is with a FI BTL 18" fully loaded.

These are the dimensions I would like:

HEIGHT: 22 inches

WIDTH: 37 inches

DEPTH: 21 inches

I was throwing around the idea of having a slot port on the top of the enclosure like this sad drawing portrays:

box.jpg

Tuning I want to be around 35hz. Any box calculators I can use to determine the cuts for a box like this?

Or any other suggestions are welcome too.

Thanks,

Michael

It will be going in a Dodge Stealth.

These dimensions will fit, just not sure how to calculate the box with the port on top.

Well, I currently have a slot port vertical behind the drivers seat. I was looking for something different, hence the top horizontal slot port idea. Crunching numbers it looks like I might not be able to fit it. I have 22" height to work with, 18" approx goes to the speaker alone, another 1.5" for thickness of mdf, leaving me with a small port width...

So I don't think that is going to work.

Port on both sides does sound pretty intriguing however..... not sure where to even start with it though..

Open to ideas!!!

Michael

^^^The way you want to do it with the port above the sub won't work...it's just too skinny of a port. I've been designing a few boxes with the two ports, one on each side, for one sub. You're got a little over 8.2ft^3 to work with, which is plenty since you'll probably end up with right around 6ft^3 after all displacement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.