So I just got..

shorti
10+ year member

I can change this?
Just purchased two w6's off my friend with a kicker 1000.1.

I heard it in his car and it hit super hard, but I was wondering if I could get more out of it, cheaply preferably. By this I mean, how do I know if I have a good box or not?

Doesn't look pre-fab and is vented in between the two 12's.

I didn't like the nasty carpet on it, so I resurfaced it with something a lil bit nicer.

Not shitty plywood. It looks like it, but that's the fuzz from the carpet still glued on.

A nice seem

Pop in two w6's and what do you have? SEXYNESS!

Im gonna assume the box was built competently. We have to assume that right? otherwise we'd just say make a good box, end of thread. So, assuming the box is already competent, and is already ported, unless you want to alter tuning or atytempt a bandpass enclosure, you aren't likely to see any major increases in output without drastically altering your system (new subs, or more subs, more power, etc).

Im thinking about connecting LED's to the one inside the amp that lights up the kicker logo and running a strip around the bottom of the amp and then to two more strips inside the vent of the box...

Gay? or Yay?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

shorti

10+ year member
I can change this?
shorti
New Orleans
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date