I Hate Myself For Doing This...

Which is going to give me the best combination of SQ and thump, I'm more SQ oriented

• 12" Fi Q

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • 12" RE SX

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • 12" IA Death Row

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Suggestions?)

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

macq32
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm sorry for making another one of "these" threads. But I wanted some opinions/input on three (SQ/SQL) subs I'm looking at. (Mainly the first two, because it looks like the IA would be a bit more expensive, but correct me if I'm wrong)

I've never heard any of these subs, but I know they are big in our online community.

I own a 13tw5 (I'm ready for the bashing), and the sub is pretty friggin awesome, the sq is superb but the output just isn't quite enough (I'd probably just get two of them if I had the funds, but I know I can get more for less). I'm hoping to find something with similar quality but with a bit more bump.

The Fi Q, IA Death Row and RE SX looked like they might fit the bill. I'm planning on going with a 12incher ported. It would be powered with an ed nine.1 (1200@ 1ohm/900@ 2ohm -underrated a bit)

I'd appreciate input or other suggestions if you have them.

Sorry, I know these threads ****

Yea I know they get a lot of praise here. The SX looks pretty bad ass too though. Have you heard the SX or are you voting based on your impressions of your SE?

what kind of enclosure are you using for the tw5?

The setup i heard was rather loud for a single sub.

i say try a diff enclosure before you change it up.

what kind of enclosure are you using for the tw5?
The setup i heard was rather loud for a single sub.

i say try a diff enclosure before you change it up.

It's custom (sealed of course). .8 cubes as directed, professionally done, by a guy with a small shop, does mostly fabrication. His stuff looked impressive and he seemed to have done a **** good job on the box (resin coated of course).

I was only getting it about 550 watts with my Fosgate Power 1000 25 to Life. It could definitely pound, but I had to keep the gain down to keep the clipping meter from reaching red. So I know it can hit pretty nicely, but jl doesn't recommend more than 600 watts (although it seemed like it could take more). I havn't received the ed amp yet but I'm anticipating the jl not being enough. Although I'm not sure, even if it is, I'm thinking one of the subs above could probably do what the jl is doing for me, and save me money doing it (also taking up more space).

It could also have something to do with its positioning. It's located in the passenger boot of my hatch (as far away from my ears as it could be:crap:) And unfortunately its a saab, so its a pretty good sized hatch for sure, I feel like if it was in my buddys prelude it would absolutely pound. Well relatively speaking of course

IA Flat Line is cheaper than the DR and can be run sealed, and is a SQ/SQl type sub.
The flatlyne looks pretty interesting, does anyone know where I can find some information on suggested enclosures for both the Death Row and Flatlyne Series'? It looks like Flatlyne retails close to the Death Row too and I don't see many of them around the forums, is anyone looking to sell either of these woofers? I'm hoping to buy my sub through our classifieds for a lesser price.

Cool, thanks for the chart. I guess that makes Fi Q all the better, I wonder if they have numbers for some RE's to look at... I'm messing around the site now, thanks again

any other opinions/alternative suggestions?

Yea, I'd rather bring some money back in from the 13tw5 though...

The poll shows a few think I should go with something else, anything anyone can share with me to consider?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...