Aeroport help...

Participant count
  • Participants list

Plottin4success
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just ordered a 12 FI BL fully loaded. Its going to be ran off a Hifonics Brutus BX1608D at 1ohm. I am building a truck style ported box. I want to run aeroports so that I can make the box a little bit smaller and retain some legroom. My measurements are...

56" width

15" high

7" top depth

9.5" bottom depth

This should come out to about 2.87^3 ft before port, driver, and bracing diplacement. I want the box tuned around 32-33hz. After all that, it should be about 2.5^3 ft if Im right. my question is what size port should I use and how long should it be to yield 32hz? I should need about 37" of port area right? Also, should I face the port forward, sideways, or up?

Port to the side. I would use one 6 inch port or two 3inch. With a six inch your gonna have a 23.6 inch length. Your best is prolly with two 3 inch and both ports have to be 11.8 inches long.

i always had my port facing the passenger side in my reg cab dakota. i think 1 4" aero you should be fine. as for which side is better i dunno. i guess you could just cut a hole and put the port on one side then cover the hole on the other side.

With one 4" you might have port noise. I put together a hd310 with only 1 4" aero and there was a little port noise. With more cone area and a bigger box I imagine it would be worse.

I just ordered a 12 FI BL fully loaded. Its going to be ran off a Hifonics Brutus BX1608D at 1ohm. I am building a truck style ported box. I want to run aeroports so that I can make the box a little bit smaller and retain some legroom. My measurements are...
56" width

15" high

7" top depth

9.5" bottom depth

This should come out to about 2.87^3 ft before port, driver, and bracing diplacement. I want the box tuned around 32-33hz. After all that, it should be about 2.5^3 ft if Im right. my question is what size port should I use and how long should it be to yield 32hz? I should need about 37" of port area right? Also, should I face the port forward, sideways, or up?

Well, I don't know where you're getting 37", but with a single 4" Aero, you'd need to have it 9 inches long, for double 4", they'd need to be 21" long, and for a single 6", it needs to be 22.5" long... I'd pick either the double 4", or single 6". Whichever works best in your box. As for which side the port should face, it's PURELY based on your car. The only real way to figure it out is to test it out.

EDIT:: Another option is dual 3", 11.25" long.

From what I've been told, the general rule of thumb is 15" of port area for every ^3 ft, right? If not, then I was mis informed on this site from somebody.
12-16square inches is for a slot port. and i think the more square the shape the better as opposed to long rectangular shape

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.