New Pioneer REV setup opinions...

Participant count
  • Participant list

spark1135
10+ year member

New York
i want to replace my stock speakers (which sound horrendous) with pioneer REV speakers,

my setp is 6.5 in front with stock tweeters, and 6x9 rear.

I DEFINITLY dont want an Amp or Subs. just some better speakers to compliment my kenwood mp3/cd HU. plus im on a tight budget.

so i was thinking of these setups.

Rev 6.5 components up front and Rev 6x9 in back

or Rev 6.5 (reg) up front with stock tweeters and Rev 6x9s in back

what do you guys think of pioneers Rev speakers?

how do you think i should set this up. i definitly want to replace all the stock speakers but i do not want to go nuts with this, i want to keep it as simple and clean as possible.

Components are Pioneer TS-C160R

6x9s are Pioneer TS-D690R

it will still definitly sound alot better then stock w/o an amp right?

Thanx for all your help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I install these speakers alot, and just so happens, i run them in my truck. Working at an audio shop, i hear quite a few sets of speakers a day. The REVs are some of the best sounding coaxials and components to come across my ears in a while. I love the REVs. I would more than reccomend them to you. You cannot go wrong with revs. You wont be dissapointed. I would say go for it man.

Umm...with no amp, you wouldn't see a huge difference in the components and coaxials. If you are gonna get an amp (which i would reccomend wholly) i would so get the components, and be happy till you get an amp. If you aren't gonna get an amp, the coaxials should do you well. I would reccomend the components though. Awesome comps. Clean, strong mids (if setup correctly), and a fairly bright tweeter. My favorite comps right now.

thanx for the feedback, hopefully i wont be dissapointed with these speakers, im sure they sound great!

i already got the rev 6x9s ill be installing them tomorrow.

for the front i may go with the components, im not sure how the coaxials will sound with the stock tweeters left in there.

thing is everyones telling me to amp these, i pretty much know NOTHING about amps.

would i need 4 channels to amp the rears and the fronts? or do i just need to amp the fronts? is it one channel for the front woofer and tweeter combined? how many watts do i need? all in all, what config and ampage would i need to do to this setup? budget thinking mind you.

also im installing the rears but i dont think ill be able to install components and an amp myself, how much would that cost?

oh and you say "if setup correctly", what do you mean by that? whats the correct way to set them up?

oh one more thing, if i get an amp for these, it wont mess with the rest of the power in my car will it? my battery and alt should all be fine right? ( you can tell i know nothing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif )

thanx so much for your time

any help would be amazing

Okay...no an amp on some highs shouldn't bother your stock electrical system.

To have proper balance and fade, you will need a 4 channel amp (assuming your deck has front and rear preouts).

By "if setup correctly" i mean amped, with the crossover points, and slope, and gains set correctly. I could help you with that once you get your amp.

The cost of the amp depends on what you get.....how much do you want to spend on the amp?? Ill help you any way i can. Reply with answers and well go from there...

hey man, thanx for your info

i got the Rev components, im getting them installed tomorow. (is it just me or im paranoid that theyre gonna break something in my car and not tell me, or take my speakers and put in som bogus ones???)

im gonna take your advise and amp them i was looking at a profile 60w per channel amp to amp all my speakers, is 60 watts too much or just eough for the components? do i have to worry about blowing them or anything? and this amp has a bass boost which my HU doesnt, is this gonna help my bass alot?

if it still doesnt have enough bass i was thinking about a bazooka tube for the trunk, i definitly dont want to blow my neighbors away, just get a decent thump. plus trunk space is precious to me.

thanks so much man

i have hooked a set of the comps. up to a kicker sx400.2. They were seeing about 200w per side.. They liked it too..They can handle plenty of power, but 60w should get the job done nicely.

Profile is a good bang for ur buck amp but lets do better than that those compents sound awsome. Go with an audiobahn 4 channel or an alpine. The audiobahn will give u more power but the alpine will be cleaner

wish i could do a bit better, but the cash flow is a bit scarce right now.

i just got back from the shop where they installed my components, its sounds really good, not even amped.

when i get an amp im not even sure what all the controls really do (gain and whatnot), and how to set these things properly.

is a choice in amp really going to make THAT much of a difference?

Yes It Will. Seperate Amps Are More Ppowerful And More Effecent. Leave The Gain In The Factory Postion. And The Crossover U Are Going To Have To Play By Ear. Turn The Volume All The Way To Max And Adjust It There.

i meant does the type of amp i get really make that much of a difference? i mean a HUGE difference?

turn the volume all the way up? when would i have to worry about blowing a speaker? how does that happen?

Dont leave things in the factory settings..

Dont turn anything to max settings...that induces clipping. Turn the volume to about 3/4..then set the gain. That way you avoid a clipped signal...WHat kind of deck are you running?

im running a Kenwood, last years mp3/cd player, the silver one, not positive on the model number.

im just about to order this profile amp, should i do it in confidence? i looked up the alpine amp, it is a bit more

profile ca440 is 77$ (that seems like a great deal, +more watts per channel then the alpines)

alpine MRP-F200 is about 130$

alpine MRP-F240 is also about 130$

what to do what to do, plz help. if its not going to be a HUGE difference, are the profiles the better choice?

too many dang choices //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.