do i really need it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dirtidan
10+ year member

i am running 2 amps right now. 1 300watt mono amp and 1 550watt 2 channel amp. i am thinking of getting a nother 4 channel amp to run full active but as of now all i have are 2 amps. my question is do i really need a capacitor or a extra battery? if so how big a capacitor? but i dont notice any voltage drops or any weird power shortage of any sort.

i do have 2 voltage stabilizers though. one connected to my battery and the other connected directly to my head unit.

are the car regular batteries like the car audio batteries or are they different. whats better to use?

hope you guys can clarify this for me. thanks!

if you don't think u need an extra battery don't bother. Also car audio batteries are technologically the same, just tailored to handle large current draw (with high CA ratings and better Ah ratings, etc.). They are also sealed so they can be mounted in any position

so if i get any small sealed 12v battery as a "just in case" kinda thing that would be ok right? i was thinking since i dont feel any drops anyways a small 12v motorcycle battery wouldent hurt to add on to my system right?

i am running a sound quality car not a spl car. so i only have one small 10" sealed sub so thats why i dont think i am too power hungry. the amp for my separates pumps out more watts per channel then my mono amp. hahaha

so if i get any small sealed 12v battery as a "just in case" kinda thing that would be ok right? i was thinking since i dont feel any drops anyways a small 12v motorcycle battery wouldent hurt to add on to my system right?
not necessary. You're probably not pulling enough current to require a second battery so just leave the electrical alone. IF anything, do the big 3, but that's it. There are tutorials on how to do that around here.

Optima, Kinetik, Deka...if you are gonna upgrade your battery, may as well do it right!

As stated above, though:

1) Big 3

2) Good battery

3) Good (or upgrade) Alternator

4) Additional batteries, if necessary.

Edit: Oh yeah, NO CAP!

geo

ok cool! thanks a lot! ill look into it. the reason why i wanted to add an extra batt even if i dont feel any drops in power is because i want to kill the sound quality as optimal as i can.

no we have stinger batteries here but its expensive. was just looking at other alternatives. actualy everything you have there we have just 50% more expensive! but i guess it all evens out because installation by a professional here is practically free!

well actually shipping is not that bad a 24" x 24 " x 24" box cost $60. but thats by sea and it takes 30 days. by air 10lbs is $50 gets here in 5 days.

actualy my whole sound set up i imported from the states not cuz we dont have it but its cheaper. so i get best of both worlds cheap unit costs and cheap installation. hahaha.

other then the amps i said i running i am running cdt es series speakers 3 way, and a rockford 3sixty.2. i am running a 2.1 system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.