robot underground?

RU comes up with some cool products, like the old Brahma's, but their business practices are sometimes called into question. Ive heard of issues with providing warranty work, problems with quality control, and general complaints about customer service. But Ive also heard good stories.

Id give it about a 50/50 chance of having a good expereince with them at this point. But that is a total guess based on other people's reviews.

RU comes up with some cool products, like the old Brahma's, but their business practices are sometimes called into question. Ive heard of issues with providing warranty work, problems with quality control, and general complaints about customer service. But Ive also heard good stories.
Id give it about a 50/50 chance of having a good expereince with them at this point. But that is a total guess based on other people's reviews.
I'm thinking real hard about trying them. Those RU bramas are they even close to the real thing? i know its a different coil but the rest is the same. i dont think they have the excursion either

RU comes up with some cool products, like the old Brahma's
I'm thinking real hard about trying them. Those RU bramas are they even close to the real thing? i know its a different coil but the rest is the same. i dont think they have the excursion either
This is a quote from Steven Kephart on another forum (he's a former Adire employee, so he's familiar with the Brahma);

"Just so you know, the Robot Underground subs are far from the original Brahma performance. They use a much longer coil which completely eliminates the XBL^2 motor topology, creating more of an evenhung motor. This means that BL will be very peaky (Madonna's proven peaky isn't good ), distortion will be higher, and linear excursion will be much lower. "

I would never buy one.

If you were interested particularly in a Brahma, I'd check out Exodus' "-X" subwoofer line-up. They use an updated version of the Brahma motor and are considerably more cost effective than the hack-job Brahma's sold by RU.

This is a quote from Steven Kephart on another forum (he's a former Adire employee, so he's familiar with the Brahma);
"Just so you know, the Robot Underground subs are far from the original Brahma performance. They use a much longer coil which completely eliminates the XBL^2 motor topology, creating more of an evenhung motor. This means that BL will be very peaky (Madonna's proven peaky isn't good ), distortion will be higher, and linear excursion will be much lower. "

I wouldn't buy one.
good post, I love old adire.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.. miss em.

I would never buy one.

If you were interested particularly in a Brahma, I'd check out Exodus' "-X" subwoofer line-up. They use an updated version of the Brahma motor and are considerably more cost effective than the hack-job Brahma's sold by RU.
Good point, I did not know that about the RU subs. Another good option is the CSS SDX15, which uses the Brahma motor (and retains xbl^2) for considerably less $ than the Brahma ever sold for. Now that I think about it, I dont know why I didn't just mention the SDX15 in my first post, since RU is shady anyway.

Good point, I did not know that about the RU subs. Another good option is the CSS SDX15, which uses the Brahma motor (and retains xbl^2) for considerably less $ than the Brahma ever sold for. Now that I think about it, I dont know why I didn't just mention the SDX15 in my first post, since RU is shady anyway.
markIV motor?

"Just so you know, the Robot Underground subs are far from the original Brahma performance. They use a much longer coil which completely eliminates the XBL^2 motor topology, creating more of an evenhung motor. This means that BL will be very peaky, distortion will be higher, and linear excursion will be much lower. "
OUCH !

pat from robot underground sent 4 15" "brahmas" to my house for a install. the subs were ****ed up and sounded like ****. also got some "hcca" mids and highs and were way over priced and had no label, just plain. the owners manual wass for hcca componets. he sent some gay "bassboomers for mids" and a couple shirts for free...... i wouldnt sport it.

me and him went at it over some ******** he was claiming was true.

heres a thread i did to see what you guys thought.

heres a link to that thread

.http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264128

i WOULDNT do anything that had to do with robot underground. the "brahams" he ended up saying that the motors were jacked/ not magnatized right. pat gave the guy back like $500. i think dude paid pat alittle over $1000 for all for subs.

he is eather retarded or shady. i got the feeling he will say whatever needs to be said to make a sell.

the guy i installed the brahmas ended up getting 4x re sx 15" from ray and is hitting 150+dbs on music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jusBloud

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
jusBloud
tre4 N.C.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date