F-ing pissed... Tang Band 6x9s don't fit stock pods.

sportyaccordy
10+ year member

NYC
Just a warning...

I have an Accord w/standard 6x9 openings. I bought the Tang Band subs, went to put them in my car...

The **** things didn't fit!!!! They were too big. They sat about 1/2 inch out of the opening from what I remember.

I'm trying to figure out how to proceed for the least amount of $$$. There are 6x9 MDF rings for sale on Ebay, but I'm scared that I'll buy them and have the same problem as before. I do have a dremel so maybe I will just hack away at the stock openings.

Any suggestions???

Just a warning...
I have an Accord w/standard 6x9 openings. I bought the Tang Band subs, went to put them in my car...

The **** things didn't fit!!!! They were too big. They sat about 1/2 inch out of the opening from what I remember.

I'm trying to figure out how to proceed for the least amount of $$$. There are 6x9 MDF rings for sale on Ebay, but I'm scared that I'll buy them and have the same problem as before. I do have a dremel so maybe I will just hack away at the stock openings.

Any suggestions???
Just make your own MDF ring.

2214971_32.jpg

2214971_33.jpg

I would have to buy a saw... which would cost more than buying rings off Ebay and dremeling out what I need with the Dremel I already have...

And I would only use the saw for this. Plus I live in an apt... the router deal makes no sense

or a jigsaw....did tang band send you a cutout template with the speakers? if they did use that to trace the ring out onto the mdf and cut out your rings. if not, you will have to work a little more, but making your own rings is easy

I'd be even more piss after a dozen of people told me exactly what I needed to do, and I decided to just stay with my Type R's because I have no balls.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.