Will caulk/sealer fix this problem?

Solo-baric
10+ year member

Minnesota
I built a box for my 10" kicker cvx and it sounds great. Ported to about 35Hertz and being pushed by a kicker amp. But..............my wiring terminal lets a little air through. Can I open up my box and put some clear caulking over it to block the air off? It is a spring-style terminal just to let you guys know.

Dont even open the box, just pop the terminal itself, and put some caulk around the inside of the rim that screws to the box, and screw it back down

I was thinking about doing this, but some air is coming through the wire holes themselves and I can hear it sometimes. Maybe around the edges and on the back of it, might as well just put it right over where the wire connects on the inside I guess?

When ever you build another box just run your wires straight into the box. Drill a hole about 1/16th of an inch larger than the wire, run it it into the box and seal the hole from the inside.

So tonight I took the terminal cap out and reconnected my wires to the back of it alot better and sealed itup with electrical tape and some caulking, the sound is all gone:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.