Sign in to follow this  
spencer321

LPG 26NA aluminum tweeter VS SEAS Prestige 27TAFNC/G aluminum

simple question the LPG aluminum tweets vs the seas neo aluminum tweets, general opinions, they are very close in price im curious how they sound tho. Low end extension crispness crossover points personal experiences etc.

all reviews and opinions are greatly appreciated

yeah his story about 300 db's sounded a little funny, but now that i know he's using type-r's thats totally beliveable

My ears say....

LPG - more body, not as "bright" and a tad smoother down lower

Seas - more "icy" sounding, maybe a bit more detailed up high

All depends on install.

Forcing any compact dome down too low to meet a midrange isn't a very wise idea. For that, you'd need a large format. Tweeters don't have low end extension. Make sure you have a spare set if you're going to aggressively test it. ;)

Easy answer: buy both and return the ones you don't like. Madisound has a pretty liberal return policy as long as you don't damage them at all.

TEAM Front Fill

The Fox audiomobile now sounds more quality thanks to SDS power.

The most expensive solution is the one that doesn't do the job correctly. ~ Me

My ears say....

LPG - more body, not as "bright" and a tad smoother down lower

Seas - more "icy" sounding, maybe a bit more detailed up high

All depends on install.

Forcing any compact dome down too low to meet a midrange isn't a very wise idea. For that, you'd need a large format. Tweeters don't have low end extension. Make sure you have a spare set if you're going to aggressively test it. ;)

Easy answer: buy both and return the ones you don't like. Madisound has a pretty liberal return policy as long as you don't damage them at all.

im planning to pair them up with some ID oems, so crossover point in question is approx 2.5k

when i said low end extension i was trying to say how low can you safely cross them without distortion or risk or blowing them up, just bad choice of phrasing.

yeah his story about 300 db's sounded a little funny, but now that i know he's using type-r's thats totally beliveable

im planning to pair them up with some ID oems, so crossover point in question is approx 2.5k

when i said low end extension i was trying to say how low can you safely cross them without distortion or risk or blowing them up, just bad choice of phrasing.

The thing about running speakers active is that you may or may not LIKE that 2.5k xover point. Key word: like. Just because it's able to play that high, doesn't mean it will sound best crossed there in your audio system. My sub can probably play flat to 125 hz, but sounds best at 40 hz in my system. If you're running a 3-way active system, then you're essentialy trying to get at least 5 people to talk to you in a coheisve manner.

This why a lot of people go through driver after driver IMO because they don't understand that your car will determine all that stuff, really. It's all about your car, man. :)

TEAM Front Fill

its a truck and i just wanna get it right the first time cuz to be specific i don't have the funds to change setup after setup, the understand theres quite a few people running the ID oem mids with the seas neo tweets but i read somewhere that someone prefered the LPG's so i did a little reading saw that they were somewhat similiar and thought i'd ask to see if anyone had experience with both. Yeah i originally wanted to go 3 way active but i was told that 3 way for a first active setup would be a nightmare to get right and 2 way was easier to start with and ad a dedicated midrange later if possible.

Lpg is not a bad choice. Many mounting options. Pretty detailed & smooth. Reasonable price.

Need to be crossed over higher then 3k though.

A really good choice IMO.

Can't comment on the Seas. Have not heard them yet.

Lpg is not a bad choice. Many mounting options. Pretty detailed & smooth. Reasonable price.

Need to be crossed over higher then 3k though.

A really good choice IMO.

Can't comment on the Seas. Have not heard them yet.

well one of my issues is im not sure how comfortably the ID mids will player above 2.5k, ive heard everything from 2k to 2.5k as the "sweet spot" for them so... 2 ways are a pain in the ass to match up, there don't seem to be alot of options for mids that still pack a punch in the 80hz-200hz area but still play up into the 2k region and im having trouble finding tweets that are reasonably priced that play comfortably below 2k hz other than horns

well one of my issues is im not sure how comfortably the ID mids will player above 2.5k, ive heard everything from 2k to 2.5k as the "sweet spot" for them so... 2 ways are a pain in the ass to match up, there don't seem to be alot of options for mids that still pack a punch in the 80hz-200hz area but still play up into the 2k region and im having trouble finding tweets that are reasonably priced that play comfortably below 2k hz other than horns

the whole problem with 2 ways is that the mids are usually so far off-axis that the top end response gets a little screwy. it's not the mids themselves but usually the install.

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

the whole problem with 2 ways is that the mids are usually so far off-axis that the top end response gets a little screwy. it's not the mids themselves but usually the install.

That's a great point, too.

I'd also mention that if you do get them on axis then you're also going to deal with them thinning out [beaming] up high. IIRC, a smaller cone driver will beam less than a larger cone...which is all the more reason to run either a passive 3-way set up front or just go for the gusto and run the whole thing actively.

TEAM Front Fill

That's a great point, too.

I'd also mention that if you do get them on axis then you're also going to deal with them thinning out [beaming] up high. IIRC, a smaller cone driver will beam less than a larger cone...which is all the more reason to run either a passive 3-way set up front or just go for the gusto and run the whole thing actively.

yup. i need mid-ranges aimed more on axis to take care of my 800-2.5k range, but whatever. i'm done with my install and things are staying the way they are, at least for quite a while. need to pay off the bills for what i already have, so no more spending money on the car install.

now the HT.... thats another story. :)

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

thanks for the help guys, if bigger speakers tend to "beam" more, than why does everyone seem to have a preference in ways for 4" cone midranges as opposed to 2" dome midranges, if smaller speakers have less beaming affect (and there for better off axis response?) why would you want to run a larger midrange?

or instance the RS52 vs the RS100

LPG 26NA aluminum Dome car Tweeter i bought them from madisound.com and after 2 month broken one tweeter.And second tweeter i think soon will be gone as well.

Originaly bought Zaph|Audio ZA5 Autosound 2-Way, Pair code ZA5-AUTO and those tweeters was gone after 2 weeks.Then they offer me to change them with LPG.

So better dont buy them.Waist of time and money!

I have that setup: Seas neo Alum and ID OEM and 2.5k for the low on the tweets s just fine and the ID oems will play just fine @ 2-2.5 khz...I can crank it up to about 27-28 on my 9815 hu and it stays clear...I also set my amp gains using the test tones and a dmm to keep clipping at a minimum hope this helps....I hate distortion.

Active Front Tweeters:Seas Neo Alumn.

Midbass:ID OEMs

Mids & Highs amp PPI DCX1000.4

Subs 2-12 Si Mags 2nd gen.

Box ported tuned to 34hz 2.17 cu.ft dual chambers

Sub amp Kicker KX2500.1

H/U:Alpine 9815

Doors and Trunk are deaden by SS

PPI MAN

REFS:2lows10, XylerB, Scoobasteve, Ksin291,TheLow, Amokie , MemphisSoul4u , TheHardKnoxLife , RydHy3845 ,GORDOS420 , Mihklo,Jameseypoo , integra88

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this