2008 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin & JL Audio Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Psyence
10+ year member

Customized
Canada
Hey all!

Bought myself a new vehicle about 6-7 months ago and after some pondering I am ready to get going.

Here is a list of equipment that I will eventually be installing.

Dynamat Extreme

Audiocontrol LC7

Knukonceptz Wiring & Distribution

JL Audio 570-CSi Front and Rear Components

JL Audio 13 TW5 in a Sealed Enclosure

JL Audio 500/1v2 Sub Amp

JL Audio 300/4v2 Component Amp

Thats all planned for now. I am going to use the Audiocontrol LC7 to wire the system into the stock deck w/ MS Sync. I like the stock look, so for now im going to run the deck I have.

This vehicle is terrible for subs, the previous Sport Trac I owned I ended up cutting the rear 60% seat to match the other 40% side and building a custom fiberglass ported enclosure for a JL 13W7. This being a brand new vehicle i'm going to try to work some magic outside of cutting apart the upholstry, etc. Im sure down the road it will turn into more of a custom setup, but for now im going stealth on the install. Nothing should be visible.

Pics to follow!

I haven't purchased the 500/1v2, but I was considering the 1000/1v2, depending on space. Will probably go that route.

Any recommendations on enclosure size for the TW5 getting 1000W?
it will take the 1000 as long as its good clean power

i was running a 1000/1v2 to the pair i had and they could have used more power

another guy local here is running 1100 i think to a single one no problem

.8 - 1ft

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.