Duralast Dual Purpose Marine Battery

I just picked one up dirt cheap man for $24 cause i work there also. and i had it charged and it took a charge and can sit at 15volts:D

I just picked one up dirt cheap man for $24 cause i work there also. and i had it charged and it took a charge and can sit at 15volts:D
How'd you get one for $24? Core Return/Used Battery?

anyway, will these charge properly off an alternator and work as the only battery in the car?

got it for $24 cause we called the guy he didn't want it back and didn't want it cause he had bought 2 diffrent batteries. So i checked it it was good i called Dibs on it at my work hahaha. plus discount plus it was before batteries went up to $34 so like $24 w/o tax:D

got it for $24 cause we called the guy he didn't want it back and didn't want it cause he had bought 2 diffrent batteries. So i checked it it was good i called Dibs on it at my work hahaha. plus discount plus it was before batteries went up to $34 so like $24 w/o tax:D
Nice....wish that would happen at my store lol.....but anyway, would this work as the only battery in a car? looking to use one as the starting/underhood battery in a tahoe and a grand cherokee as well

Idk if would work as only battery especially to start up the vechile because there Mca's and idk how they work with temp rating etc.... so im not to sure im sure someone else will chime into this thread eventually. Sry i couldn't help more man but i don't wanna give u wrong info either. Gl man:D

Idk if would work as only battery especially to start up the vechile because there Mca's and idk how they work with temp rating etc.... so im not to sure im sure someone else will chime into this thread eventually. Sry i couldn't help more man but i don't wanna give u wrong info either. Gl man:D
That's cool, that was my same concern as well. They would be great as second batteries, but for these vehicles one battery will be fine

if you use this as your ONLY battery starting the vehicle could be a little problem in the future as you don't really have good cranking amps only good amp hours for longer durations. keep a starter batt up front and stick a smaller battcap somewhere in the back ( a Battcap 600 is pretty small and will do fine for systems up to 1500 rms sometimes more with no probs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I run Duralast marine batteries on all of my vehicles and farm equipment. End of worries for you son. I love how they have the stainless stud next to the reg post for attaching amp wire or accesories on my tractors. If 1 of the medium size will crank any car/truck I have, you are fine. And I have the marine in size 27 or 29, I forgot, but it cranks my JD 4230 every time, first time. The marine Duralast are maybe the best batteries on the market, as they ARE NOT made with the regular duralast JUNK.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.