Easy question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Streetz
10+ year member

Chicago
I had to rewire my car, originally I had it going through the door jam because I didn't want to bother with the firewall. Everytime I open and closed the door in would pinch the cable and it started to frey(sp?). So I rewired it correctly, going through the firewall to the trunk.

The positive cable would not reach to my trunk. I had a second wiring kit laying around so what I did is I cut it and used the second fuse holder to extend the connection so it would reach. My question is, is having 2 fuses on the positive cable harmful? Both sets of cable are 4 gauge. I realise there is probably loss of power, but is it bad? Should I find a longer single wire and rerun that instead?

I will be getting a new car spring of 09 so I guess you can call this a temporary solution until then, but still wanted input on it. Thanks.

lol me... i would just tape that bish togther and forget about the fuse, but people also think i am gonna blow myslef up one day so dont do as i say. . . .. . .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.