Weird Sub Noise

scooter924
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well I just got done installing everything and when I turned everything on I get a constant noise coming from the subs. I have 2 FI Qs powered by a Planet Audio 2250d. Previous to this I had a US Amps MD2D powering the Qs. The Md2 blew, and I replaced it with the 2250d. Thing is, the subs seem to play a constant note all the time, even when the music is all the way down. And Im also getting really low voltages when setting my gains, like 4-5 volts. I can only get it up to the 40v range when I have loud on my HU(880prs) and bass boost on the amp all the way up. I know, I dont want to set my gains with all that on, and I didnt the first time, I only did to see if it would raise my voltage. So my questions are what could be causing the noise from the subs, and why am I getting such low voltages? Thanks guys

did this start when you swapped amps? i would say..

- try different ground points.

- check your voltage at the back of the HU and make sure your getting what you want there so we can count out the HU as being an issue. also check your RCA's...something may have gotten pinched somewhere along the way.

-you may even want to try hooking the amp up to a different system (that you know works) to see if them probelm is there too...to see if it the amp...or

- if you have another amp of any kind, hook that up and see how that works to see if its your subs/amp...

just tossing ideas out to help isolate the issue....

Mines pretty loud too... Even with the HU all the way down I can still hear it... Sounds similar to the bass line of a normal song... But its there with no music...

I actually just fixed this problem in my car.... If anywhere in your car the RCA's are too close, on top of, or right next to the power wire it will cause the speakers to create white noise. If you have checked everything else (ground wire, fuses, etc) then this is probably the problem, so either get some overpriced RCA's with thick insulation or better yet, just rewire it so the RCA's are no where near your power wire.

Yea I thought it was most likely a bad ground, I was just confused why I get noise with this setup and not with my old one. I never had this problem till I switched amps... I'll try moving the RCAs and see what that does... Thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.