First Equalizers (which one to pick)

Participant count
  • Participant list

UNDERGROUND_BUM
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
HAWAII
Ok so my system consists of everything in my sig......... i was hoping someone could help me pick the right EQ or maybe even a EQ/crossover combo.

i really dont know much about Equalizers or crosssovers, but im prretty close to being somewhat done with my system and i think i need to fine tune everything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. i want to make these polk momos sound alot better than they do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif . I Still got to deaden the doors a little more (inside layer done and covered holes), still need to put some deaden on the back of the door panels. But i just dont think the avh-p4000-dvd is cutting it for sound processing.............

the highest im willing to go for a used EQ is $150. how would the Audiocontrol EQX suit my needs?

Dude, it all depends on your set up. I have an Audio Control Four.

Mine has line level gain adjustments, Aux in or main in, front and rear output. Adjustable boost with frequency select for low frequency response. and a five band EQ. Mine is used primarily for the imaging speakers, I run my bass from my deck to the amp direct. I could run it off the Audio Control but I think this is best for a cleaner bass signal. My main use for this Audio Control is the line driver it has. i tweak the eq just slightly for a mild image enhancement. I was told that line drivers will help when you are running multiple amp setups. I have three amps in my car. Total is 1260 rms at 4 ohms combined amps output, but only one amp is loaded at a 4 ohm set up. the others are at 2 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.