deal gone bad with memphis4L **Read last 3 pages before making decision**

Status
Not open for further replies.

skittlesRgood
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
fremont, ca
reposted this with a better title.

i recently purchanced a RE SX 12" d2 sub from memphis4L. he asked $180 shipped. when i was ready to send money he said "oh i forgot, send $190 to cover paypal fees" another 10 bucks? fine, no big deal. took him over a week to ship it. in fact i paid for something elce on the forums and got that b4 he even shipped. he said it was BNIB. i got his SX and another one on the same day. the other one i got came in the manufatuers box. memphis4L send me a regular cardboard box, not the manufatuers box like i would expect from a BNIB listing. thats what BNIB means rite? come to find out this sub was built with new parts by teamPSI.

little upset but whatever. exept...

after i looked at them i found out they have differant voice coils! so i cant very well use both these subs together. so now i want to return the sub and get my money back.

after many frustrating messages back and forth he finaly agreed to a return BUT he wants me to send him the sub B4 he will refund me any money and he wants me to pay for shipping it back to him. and he says he will only give me $130 back to cover what he paid to ship it to me. shipping is $35 so i would be out $95 if we did it that way. i told him "HELL no" to that deal and he didnt respond.

my opinion is that he sold me something that he didnt describe correctly/fully so i shouldnt have to suffer for it. im willing to pay the shipping to get it back to him but i want my $190 back. so what do you guys think?

tried to contact teamPSI but he wont return my pm's

I would give teamPSI some time to respond to you as I "assume" he has some integrity and doesn't want to tarnish his rep. The subs may be fine to pair up, so see what he says first...

What does teampsi have to do with this? if u baught the sub from memphis4L. or am i just missing something . from what i just finnished reading teampsi just put new parts for memphis4L

What does teampsi have to do with this? if u baught the sub from memphis4L. or am i just missing something . from what i just finnished reading teampsi just put new parts for memphis4L
x2, teamPSI has nothing to do with this from what I can tell. That's like selling a sub like a RE MT that Fi reconed as BNIB. Fi isn't held responsible, it's the seller's fault for not describing the product as it truly is.

Best of luck with the outcome though, and in my opinion you deserve at least the $190 back, your going on a limb and offering to pay shipping back, I would refund fully and pay shipping back to me if I were him. Maybe that's just because I realize it would have been my fault for lying about the product in the first place. Good luck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

yea i hear ya... i sent him $250 for the Xsite XAD2K amplifier last thursday and it took him a week to ship it... very slow on replying to messages and not a lot of communication... amp should be here tomorrow, hopefully in working order just have to wait and see he may have had something going on that week since it seems to be the same time frame but idk

Ya... but Paypal is a product of Ebay
And just a //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Outside of Ebay all PayPal cover's is rather or not the item was received. If he gives a tracking number it will be ruled in his favor and chance's are he's pulled any and all money out of his account by now. I would just call RE and talk to them about it and see if you can use it or not. If you can't use it and can't get anything worked out with him just put it up for sale I'm sure someone would buy it so it wouldn't be a complete loss.

also, maybe someone here has a number for teampsi, and you can call em.
any1 that gives it out doesnt deserve to have it

now

why does everyone say contact teampsi.......he cant do anything about someone elses deal......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

skittlesRgood

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
skittlesRgood
fremont, ca
Start date
Participants