Trying to understand what DD did on my recone

audiofanaticz
10+ year member

Team TMH
I recently got a sub back from DD that needed a recone.

The new sub is built a little different then the old subs. Just trying to figure out why.

At first I seen my former was taller, but then I seen why it looked like it was but I dont think it is. So Im just trying to understand why it was build the way it was.

Any info??

The old sub is on the left, the fresh recone that Im wondering about is on the right.

Pics:

10-08-08_1805.jpg

10-08-08_1804.jpg

Left/old sub

10-08-08_1813.jpg

Right/ fresh reconed sub

10-08-08_1812.jpg

they just glued it higher thats it, nothing wrong
yes, the sub I just got back today has the spider glued lower in the basket. Is this going to change the way the suspension reacts since the spider is smaller in diameter or anything.

Other sub is fine, but Im gonna have it reconed too because I got bored and plugged it into the wall for over 10 minutes:rolleyes:

Are those a couple of sinfoni's or older AB's?
??? what you talking about, explain a tad more please. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IIRC, the composite cone option has less of a cone shape. It's a bit flatter than the original cones.

But the former does look a little taller on the new reconed one.

Doesn't DD have a phone number you can call? I mean, best place to ask is from them.

Oh, yea. 2 american bass 150.1s (ones still in my car yet).

And then them big gold bi*ches are some really expensive and rare paper weights in the USA. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

thats weird it looks like they used a diff set of spiders, all the ones ive seen or had were all glue to the top not sunk in , that must be somethin new or someone new.... the spider landing on the 15" to 18" frames arent bigger are they ? if so deffinatly call....

Thats messed up, why would they use smaller spiders.
thats weird it looks like they used a diff set of spiders, all the ones ive seen or had were all glue to the top not sunk in , that must be somethin new or someone new....
Yes that is what Im wondering?

and why?

and if its going to effect the stiffness, or xmax of the sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.