04 Sebring Deck Problem

Tnnrx7
10+ year member

IL
Hey everyone,

My friend is trying to install a new cd deck into his 2004 Chrysler Sebring and has ran into a problem.

He got the stock radio disconnected and removed and plugged the wiring harness in and started wiring it up to the new deck. He didn't disconnect the negative battery terminal and the dome light went out when he contacted the wire to connect them.

At that point, he removed the negative battery terminal and finished wiring the rest. Gave it a shot, no go. So he decided to give up for the night as it was getting dark and late and just hooked the stock unit back up.

However, now the radio will not turn on. The lights on the buttons light up when the headlights are turned on, but it simply won't turn on. In addition to the dome light, the power locks aren't working either.

So I went over there today to take a look and the only thing I could think of was a blown fuse so we checked every single fuse inside the car on the drivers side, and under the hood and all of them looked perfectly fine. There is no owners manual for the car, but I found one online however the fuse diagrams don't seem to match up. The fuse panel inside the car has a diagram, but not under the hood. I know you can't tell if a fuse is blown all the time by just looking, so what fuses should I try replacing?

What should we do from here? Any ideas as to what the problem is? Any suggestions on solutions to try? If there is any other information that can help determine the issue, let me know.

Thanks in advance fellas!

My Deck Always works when I need it, my wife loves my deck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i had this problem in my moms 2003.

under the hood theres a fuse box on the left hand side.

open the box and check all the fuses. i think the one i had to change was number 27 i believe.

but check all of them and replace the one that blown.

the power locks, the trunk popper, the dome light, no dash lights and the radio wouldnt turn on for me.

also there is a red like 18 or 20 gauge wire that you're gonna neeed to make sure is hot i believe.

Heh, when I found out he didn't disconnect the battery I made fun of him pretty hard. Then told him never do any kind of electric work on the car without disconnecting the battery first.

So what do we need to do to fix it?

i had this problem in my moms 2003.
under the hood theres a fuse box on the left hand side.

open the box and check all the fuses. i think the one i had to change was number 27 i believe.

but check all of them and replace the one that blown.

the power locks, the trunk popper, the dome light, no dash lights and the radio wouldnt turn on for me.

also there is a red like 18 or 20 gauge wire that you're gonna neeed to make sure is hot i believe.
Like I said in the original post, all fuses were checked and all appeared to be perfectly fine.

Where is this wire? I don't think that would be the cause of the problem in this case, but then again I don't know for sure.

Like I said in the original post, all fuses were checked and all appeared to be perfectly fine.
Where is this wire? I don't think that would be the cause of the problem in this case, but then again I don't know for sure.
the wire is in the dash.

i wish i had a picture for you but it sits right behind where the radio does.

give it a hot signal.

we didnt have a chime when the door was open either. but once i put a hot signal to that wire and changed the fuse EVERYTHING was working.

Check your PMs Dwright.

More suggestions and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks for all the fast help already.

Hey Guys,

dwright is working on helping right now, but I'm looking for more suggestions and ideas as to what the problem is and what needs to be done to fix it.

Thanks!

You can't visually determine if a fuse is blown or not. A blown fuse is most likely the issue. As the previous poster said, use a fuse test light or DMM to really test each fuse.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tnnrx7

10+ year member
Tnnrx7
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from