how does this look

purebullet417
10+ year member

hey my names mike and this is my first car a 2006 nissan altima. since im only 17 i dont have a lot of money and everything so im going to do the system in 3 stages. first im gana get my sub setup. then upgrade the interior speakers then im going upgrade the hu. so how does my sub setup look.

one FI SSD dual 1 ohm sub.(should i get any of the options they have with this sub?)

one phoenix gold V8001 amp and install kit from sonic electronics

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14221_Phoenix+Gold+Ryval+V8001+Amp+Install+Package+%2B+Bass+Remote.html

im going to wire the sub to two ohms so it gets 800 rms from that amp. im going to build the box myself probably out of mdf. most of my friends have subs in sealed boxes so im thinking of getting like 1.3cbf so with displacement of the sub its a little over one. if you guys can think of anything let me know. im new with all the eletric system of the car so do you guys think ill dim the lights? how hard is it to upgrade the"big 3" and will that do anything for me? thanks a lot guys iv learned a lot from this sight so far.

You mine as well install the subs and headunit simultaneously. If you install the subs first w/o a headunit, you'll need to use a line out converter that will then later just be removed once you do the hu.

This might not be what you want to hear but I'd suggest you ditch the l.o.c. and pick up a decent headunit first. While installing the headunit you could run two sets of RCA's, one for the sub amp and one for the component amp. Then I'd pick up a component set and 2 channel amp and install that. Then sometime down the road when you have more $$$ you can pick up a sub and amp for the sub. This way you only have to get behind the dash one time and run wires one time. The only downside is you won't have a sub for a little while, but I think upgrading the headunit and speakers first will be worth it.

my stock speakers really are fine for now as all im missing is the base. id really rather get the sub first then get the headunit and components and the same time. what options should i get with the fi ssd 12 it says bp fw coil and copper coil? are any of those important and what do they do

Welcome to the forum Mike...you'll get a lot of useful and helpful advice here...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
don't lie to the guy, tell him the truth.

lol im on other fourms like g35nyc and its much worse then this with the bashing lol. im just interested if my sub/amp combo is good though and what each option for the sub does. thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.