switching keyless entry??

newyorkjets00
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok so my 98 sonoma came with a keyless entry already on it but when i bought the truck the kid had lost the remotes they wants 60 and 40 to program it but i found a biper keyless and remote start for 50 brand new.. was wondering how hard it would be to swap out the brain for the remote start.. i have wired remote start before but just curious about the factory keyless stuff..

ya a friend has a viper 571XV new in box for 50$ but i was just wondering how hard it is to do the keyless.. i have hooked up a remote start before just wondering about it..

Keyless is much easier than remote start. You have passlock so you will need a bypass module for remote start. 556L
He has passlock so he will need a bypass for the locks as well....so keyless entry or remote start you need a module...

No you won't need a bypass for locks. He will need a bypass for the passlock. The last vehicle you installed on did not require a bypass module.

if u can find some remote cheap that are for your truck for keyless entry you can find out how to program them on a forum for your vehicle type

i know for my f150 i know how to program remotes and keys as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.