how to wrap a box

Beermakesmehoppy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Can anyone help about wrapping a box? I know there are some of you that do this for a living, and lovin it. Anything would help. Technique, material, do's/don'ts...

thanks

oO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

dependng on ur placement of the box and design, start where ur gonna see the actual carpet, i find this makes it come out the best, then the scrap work can be done in a place that you cant see.

Originally posted by mgaidica dependng on ur placement of the box and design, start where ur gonna see the actual carpet, i find this makes it come out the best, then the scrap work can be done in a place that you cant see.
Yup...thats ideally what you should do. Seams should be on the bottom or back, but depending on the application, the top may also work.

- Steve

I tug till no end, once the carpet is securely fastened on one side with tackers. You might get a bit of creases or stretchmarks. Easily cured with a warm iron. If it's vinyl/leather, use a few pieces of paper between the iron and vinyl.

Never ever start or have a the end the carpet end on the edge of the box, make sure every single edge is covered, or else it will look like ****. Do it like you would rap a present and it will come on perfect.

I would like to add when you do get to a seam. Overlap the carpet before you cut. And use a very sharp knife to cut both pieces of carpet at the same time. makes for almost invisible seams //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.