15" Mojo's or what?

chunky cumz
10+ year member

past due splooge
in ya mouf
So i have decided to go with 2 15" subs for certain.

i currently own (dont kill me) 3 12" type R's. These are great but not beast enough for me anymore.

I hear great things about the 15" Mojos. Anyone out there advise a different 15" inch sub for similar price.

I heard the alpine type x, not beast enough.

if u go with the mojos u need at least 2000 watts to each of them. yes u can go less but the subs wouldnt anywhere near thier potential. so my suggestion is getting a Memphis 4kw and get 2 Mojo Dual 4 15's and wire it to 1 ohm. some sweet deals on 4kws right now in the classifieds. trust me u want a 4kw on the mojos.

The rms says 1k for the mojos each. are you sure they can handle 2k each rms. It would be great to go play in some of the local spl comps for fun but i need these things to last

I wouldnt go with that Power Akoustic amp, over-rated, and imo they dont make quality amps. Those mojo's are going to need alot of power fusion 4000d?..I think theirs a cheap one in the classifieds

Buy something other then Mojo's then if you want htat 4kw. 4kw is a sick, sick, sick amp.

Pick up two BTL's, MT's, Nightshades, RD Alphas somethin like that

Or if you have the room, do a four sub setup

Yes they will handle 2k rms daily in the right box. I know a guy ran a 4k to each for drive bye in MECA they would stink but he still has them runing.

The rms says 1k for the mojos each. are you sure they can handle 2k each rms. It would be great to go play in some of the local spl comps for fun but i need these things to last
Then don't play them full blast all of the time.

I would agree on picking other subs though and those PA amps are junk I had four of them at one point last season and 3 out of the four went up in smoke while nothing was even hooked up to them.

Buy something other then Mojo's then if you want htat 4kw. 4kw is a sick, sick, sick amp.
Pick up two BTL's, MT's, Nightshades, RD Alphas somethin like that

Or if you have the room, do a four sub setup

Mojo's are decent subs but there is ALOT better out there cheaper

I have the last years model mojos, and they love power.. If your not competing, they're very easy to get as loud as you would want. a pair of 15s though is going to want a ton of space, or a ton of power. I use the 12 inch mojos, and i'll run one in my car off of 3k daily with no problems, but i have to use a much smaller box than recommended.. For over a year, i had 1500 watts running it in a larger box (4 cu ft for a 12") and it sounded great as well..

Edit: How much power was going to your type r's? They have the potential to get loud as well, i've seen some pretty cheap setups get respectable numbers with the alpines.. (ie alpine and audiobahns hitting mid 140s in a completely sealed trunk car)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.