2.67 ohm load

How many watts would an amp rated at 1200 watts @ 2 ohms put out @ 2.67 ohms? 3 10 inch woofers dual 4 ohm would be bridged down to a 2.67 load.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Are you fucking kidding me?

I demonstrated two different methods to use to approximate this on your own in your other thread.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5077685&postcount=11

And yet you still started this thread?

I know this is waaaay late, but I see this question a lot. I won't bore you with the math, but I used nonlinear regression and the specs at 1,2, and 4 ohms to estimate the watts RMS @ 2.67 ohms. You theoretically should get about 991 watts RMS; the R-squared value is not ideal, but it's close enough to 1.0 be confident in the formula Excel spit out.  Hope this helps someone...

snip2.PNG

That question probably gets asked a lot due to the poor math skills nowadays.  Or they want to be able to say how much they are sending from the amp at that load to impress their friends...?

The measured DCR (direct current resistance) of a stationary voice coil is not the same as the nominal impedance presented to the amp under normal use. When the coil heats up it will increase the resistance also music isn’t static so the load will vary with the signal. Dyno testing at a specific resistance may yield a specific number...but that will only give you an idea of the amps capabilities. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.