2005 Blazer "Not So" Budget Build

Joebobclark
10+ year member

Your Moms New Boyfriend
Hey Guys

Started my build on my Blazer. This started out as a budget build that has gone slightly over budget, lol. On to the build log......

VEHICLE:

2005 S10 Blazer 2-door Vortec V-6

When I bought it last year, clean in Florida...

IM000564.jpg

IM000569.jpg

Since then I have moved to Tennessee, it stays kinda dirty lol, as it sits today start of the build....

Car_Audio_020.JPG

Car_Audio_019.JPG

This started out as a budget build. I was looking to spend $500-600, didnt quite make it, lol. I have always like MA Audio so I chose to go with them. I couldnt get the front components that I wanted from MA, so I went with the RF's ( I have had 2 sets of these previously, love them for the price). I am getting older so this is less SPL oriented and more SQ oriented.

EQUIPMENT:

This hobby is really an addiction, lol....

Car_Audio_005.JPG

Wiring and accessories, Kicker PKD1 kit, Knu Karma RCA's, 8-guage for the subs (that wont work, lol), Etc.....

Car_Audio_007.JPG

Rockford Fosgate P162S Comps

Car_Audio_008.JPG

Car_Audio_009.JPG

MA Audio 6.5" rear fill coaxials

Car_Audio_010.JPG

Car_Audio_011.JPG

MA Audio M500XE 4-channel and M1900XE Monoblock

Car_Audio_012.JPG

Four MA80XE 8" DVC Subwoofers

Car_Audio_013.JPG

Car_Audio_014.JPG

Car_Audio_015.JPG

Got the Big 3 done. Used the Flex-a-prene for the grounds and a short run of the Kicker HyperFlex for the alternator run, for looks...

Love my Hammer Crimper!

Car_Audio_0011.JPG

Car_Audio_0021.JPG

Car_Audio_004.JPG

Used the stock location on the block and chassis (hard to see, but they're there)...

Car_Audio_0051.JPG

Car_Audio_0061.JPG

Finished Product (dont mind the cheap battery, I took my Yellowtop back in under warranty to get a fresh one. Im not running any system right now anyways)

Car_Audio_0071.JPG

Ran my power wire to the back, still enough to get all the way to the back tailgate

Car_Audio_0081.JPG

Had to run it under the carpet, next to the rear A/C vents, since there is no room for 1/0 under the door sills

Car_Audio_0091.JPG

did you use the factory grommet to run the 0 gauge through? If you did, make sure it is sealed up **** good as my blazer ended up with a **** load of water under the carpet which ended up becoming a real pain on the ass.

Thanks Guys

I wanted to run power down the passenger side, so I made my own hole instead of using the factory boot on the drivers side. Used a PVC conduit connector to secure the wire in the fire wall.

Plan is 2 seperate enclosures, fiberglass, up where the rear arm rest are. Hard to explain but if it comes out like whats in my head, it should be great!

Got the hammer crimper from a welding supply company on eBay. Best $24 I spent!

did you have to do any modifying for that indash?
Nope, 04-05's came with the RDS radio. Its a double din stock. For 98-03 models, I have heard you can get the dash bezel from an 04-05 and the double din mounting kit and it goes in the same way. Not sure how the 97's are though....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.