Competition Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cmccloud
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Just wondering if anyone can help me figure out what class I would be in.

I drive a 98 Lumina 4 door. I have the Back seat where it is unbolted and able to sit on the back seat. I have a 40 amp or maybe 70 amp maxi under the hood. Then 4 gauge all through out. Then in the back I have a Batcap800 ran to my Quantum Audio 2000 watt amp. Then ran to the XXX 12.

Sorry to be so detailed but I am just trying to figure it out, I might go to a competition tomorrow to try it out. Thanks for any help.

One more thing, do I need to put a fuse inbetween the amp and batcap? Just wondering. The amp has 2 50 amp Maxi's in it.

Thanks again

oh **** are u goin to the at bestbuy tomer? ill be there. and uh ull prob be in my class:) finally some competition.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ill be in as1 or s1 i havent decided yet. u need help with fusing? what class u gonna run?

oh and you cant run a maxi fuse in meca:( if u use the batt cap ull be in street one and without it you could run amateur street. i think you can run like 70 amps of fusing but you wont need near that much.

not with a 300 amp anl. you will need 63 amps or less worth of fuse to go s1. 108 amps or less s2, 188 amps or less s3, 388 amps or less s4

Just so you guys dont think I am some dummy that knows nothing I do have the loudest s1 and s2 scores posted all season, and this is the only org. I compete in at this point.

not with a 300 amp anl. you will need 63 amps or less worth of fuse to go s1. 108 amps or less s2, 188 amps or less s3, 388 amps or less s4
he could easily get away with 50 or less...... or he could undo the battcap and run in as1 with me;)

and yes the maxis are a no go in MECA however if it is under the hood and there is another fuse within 18 inches of the amp that is not a maxi you will be fine otherwise they will take half of the 1 ohm rating until you get it fixed. So if you are rated at 1000 rms at one ohm they will charge you with 500 in the pressure class rating. you can get the full rulebook at mecacaraudio.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.