My doors piss me off. (pics)

galacticmonkey
5,000+ posts

Wants a button like that.
Tampa, FL
I decided it was time. I used the Spectrum Spray on my doors, but I couldnt get it thick enough, so it didnt work worth a ****. Worked great in the back where I put it on really thick, though.

The rattling was driving me mad, so I broke down and bought 60 sq ft of Damplifier. My doors flexed so bad, something needed to be done. I was getting a pretty nasty crack in the passanger door, and I found one in the driver door as well. People said the latch was the only thing holding the door on, and they were right. A crack began around the latch, which I have never seen before. Eventually if it grew enough, It would probably just break off, seperating the latch assembly from the door.

There was a crack growing on the passanger door, and Scottie Johnson told me that drilling a hole at the end of it would stop it from spreading. I took the leap of faith and drilled a hole through my door pannel. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif It worked though, as it hasnt spread at all lately. Now I gotta find a way to fix it.

These are the problems for now though, and things are about to get way worse. I was having problems with Paypal tonight, but Im going to try again tomorrow. What I was trying to pay for was 16 Powermaster 16v Batteries. My voltage drops so bad that amps shut off.... This should stop that. Its going to be flat out nasty loud with some high voltage. Im thinking Ill feed them 18.0-18.5v daily, and see how it works. I cant wait to hear this thing with that power.

Anyways, heres some pics of the deadener and damage.

Before

Picture039.jpg

After

Picture036.jpg

Stupid latch crack

Picture037-1.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Passanger door crack

Picture040-1.jpg

My window flexes in my door and it messes up my stickers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Picture041-1.jpg

FTW

Picture042.jpg

u one of the few that can say their system can rips doors apart. lol

i just posted my review on the second skin damplifier pro in the reviw section.

I still think that the bondo will crack out if he decides to body work the area after welding.

. if i was in his shoes. id rip the skin off the door and reinforce the whole door with 5/16 sheet metal on the places where it cracks. its always going to crack but reinforcing is going to help i believe and yes bodo will crack

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.