10" midbass in a custom three way

teedot231999
10+ year member

Mr. Beat's
corona,NY
I really want to run a 10" midbass in a 3 way. I am will be running three DD3518E's and I need a awesome but budget friendly fronstage. I am looking for a dynamic but economical set of woofers that will keep up with 3 DD3518E's. I am really thinking of using a pair of those polly AAs or a nice midrange like the FR125s's in a 2way setup with either a pair of vifa tweeter, morel tweeters or seas tweeters As far as the 3 way I would like to use those FR125s's midrange and either a pair of seas excel or morel elate tweeters and a Hivi 10" or Audax 10" or a Peerless 10" as my midbass. I don't need 10" misbass but I want them for some odd reason. I am open to suggestions. Thanks

i would say go with Hivi 4 reasons.

1. They look awesome.

2. They look like they are built well.

3. Aluminum/magnesium dustcap=good.

4. They sound awesome. friend has them.

yeah i wanna see this get finished too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i've never really seen any special builds with 10" mids just usually 8"s if anything.

Look into the Dayton Audio RS270S also.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-368

But if you want something that is going to keep up with you subs, I would look at this Peerless. The 8 inch is crazy, it is know as one of if not the best 8" midbass driver on the market now and the 10 should give you even more output.

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=143&products_id=1705
Thanks for the suggestion. I was given the same advise by a member on anothe forum. Price wise I can swing a pair of these Peerless 10" woofers. That dayton is nice as well but I will weigh my options a choose accordingly.

yeah i wanna see this get finished too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i've never really seen any special builds with 10" mids just usually 8"s if anything.
I will post pics before and after the build. This build is going to be the shlt IMHO. I hope silvercookie is available to lend me a helping hand with this build:D

i would say go with Hivi 4 reasons.
1. They look awesome.

2. They look like they are built well.

3. Aluminum/magnesium dustcap=good.

4. They sound awesome. friend has them.
I am thinkinhgb very hard about these hivi woofers. I wish I had bought them on sale while I had a chance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif:crap: I am looking around trying to find a deal on them but those peerless subs sound like they coud be a winner as well.

I am debating. I am looking at a few midrange speakers I hope find some nice ones

i would go with a beyma mi10 10" midrange, paired up with a beyma ast-09 bullet tweets.

do a two-way active, with a pro audio driver designed for car audio. these 10" drivers are loud as fvck and sound sweet. you wanna kill the competition go with beyma.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9253_Beyma+PRO+10MI.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6525_Beyma+AST-09.html
I knew you were from Florida before I even looked at your location //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Keep the FL idiocy confined to that state, and please quit trying to infect the rest of the nation.

hey not everyone in tampa is SPLZ squeak. DO i get kudos?

i suggest to the op the following.

midbass wise. id suggest peerless sls 8's coupled with either seas l series aluminum 4.5" midranges or some peerless exclusive 4.5's topped off by the peerless large format hds series tweeter or hiquphon ow1 / ow2 tweeters.

but im sorry im more sq. and while the 3500 series dd's can actually sound quite nice. 3 of them will prob kill most sq you would have.

another suggestion would be to look into dynaudio's sets. all around extremely nice set.

I knew you were from Florida before I even looked at your location //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Keep the FL idiocy confined to that state, and please quit trying to infect the rest of the nation.

you must be the mod who thinks he knows it all...

to the op, if you don't wanna look in to my system... look at the peerless sls 8" or the morel elate 9"

you must be the mod who thinks he knows it all...
First, my comments have nothing to do with being a mod. Ask anybody....I was an ******* long before I was granted mod powers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Second, there is not one logical reason why that suggestion was even remotely intelligent. It was terrible.....but unfortunately seems to be par-for-the-course for Floridians who think tossing any pro-sound drivers in a vehicle (and typically by the dozens) results in "good sound".

First, my comments have nothing to do with being a mod. Ask anybody....I was an ******* long before I was granted mod powers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Second, there is not one logical reason why that suggestion was even remotely intelligent. It was terrible.....but unfortunately seems to be par-for-the-course for Floridians who think tossing any pro-sound drivers in a vehicle (and typically by the dozens) results in "good sound".
keywords =] but i do have to agree it ***** tremendously to not have any true audiophiles down here except for a few.

let's see i have this system in a 2006 tahoe and it will tear your head off. i couldn't run my neo comp horns soooo i was looking for a large dome tweet that could play up to 4hz with super high sensitivity. the beyma bullets are about as close as your gonna get to a compresion driver. the sound not as smaooth but kills on spl.... nothing a good eq want tone down. the beyma mi10 sounds very similar to a clestian.... warm midbass... kick-drum to crack your chest plate in half.... nothing like a large driver glassed in the door. i went this route because i was tired of drivers not being able to take abuse... voice coils burning up. you cross those mi10's at 100hz, sub stage to 80 and it will blow you away. sounds like your bringing the sub stage to the front. if your in to hard metal like me... loud and clean... hard to beat a pro audio driver. don't tell me you don't respect the jbl 2118's....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.