Speaker Issues (Possible Answer?)

Ridley
10+ year member

The Audio N00bie
Is there a chance the sound I am hearing when I play my mids at high volumes is tinsel slap? It only happens at certain freqs only on sounds with HUGE amounts of bass. Other than that, it sounds great.

It sorta sounds like something is slapping the cone... metal/plastic noise. It is only on my right side mid speaker. I took it out and there is no burnt smell and no rubbing.

What you guys think? How can I fix tinsel slap if that's what it is?

10 bajillion treads is lame but get an ohm reading the speaker check if its blown if not then change ur crossovers and filter so your speakers arnt playing the bass.

Okay... well anyways

No one seems to know how to set my crossovers. There is no setting on my HU for it and people said my amp settings were fine. Do those crossover boxes have settings on em?

They did install 3 spacers on each screw so it wouldnt scratch my window. Could it really be hitting out that far? It doesn't seem like its moving THAT much.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17068

I first thought I damaged them, but after reading around on the forums, think it might be slapping somewhere. There is no physical damage to the speakers that I see and nothing smells funny.

maybe you are putting too much bass through the midbass? and what you're hearing is the mid over excurting? Jumping the gap and the sound is when it falls back in

It does it at lower freqs on crazy bass songs. It didnt happen a week ago but it is now, but i checked the speaker and everything looks like its in working order.

My doors are sealed with raammat and I used 3 spacers per screw so it doesnt scratch my window.

wow.... i just cannot get help with this crap... been DAYS too

someone im me or something so you can walk me through setting my highs and lows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.