smelly sub

its not a year old yet, still got the warranty until like dec. .... it is in a sledgehammer box, do you think that changing the box will help??

exactly how old is it and how much play time you got on it? could just be glue burning off. do you have the bass boost up, do you play it extremely loud? even though the gains arent up you could be clipping the signal.

crank it louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

that will fixes it

haha yea i wish, idk its got a lot of play time on it i do use it almost everyday (not always full tilt). its fine unless it plays like the real low notes for extended periods of time and then it just smells a lil funny. i guess if a new box dont work then ill jus send it back =/

at first i used a dmm, then i had to redo it all cuz i had my bass boost high and was messin up everything, i wud say its between half and 3/4,

I have the same exact problem! only, when i first built my box, and installed my subs (two diamond audio D6 15's) and only had the gain on my amps (Diamond audio D3 1000.1's) set to about a quarter. At first it was fine and sounded great but after about two minutes, smoke came rolling out of my port and one of the subs had blown. Now when I ride around I dont really smell it. but if i am bassing for about ten minutes and i mean full tilt bassing, i start smelling it again. I am really worried about it because i dont know what is causing it. So please keep me posted. I want it fixed asap.

p.s-I have had my full system installed for a month now and the smell has not gone away.

haha yea i wish, idk its got a lot of play time on it i do use it almost everyday (not always full tilt). its fine unless it plays like the real low notes for extended periods of time and then it just smells a lil funny. i guess if a new box dont work then ill jus send it back =/

a new box might fix it. if your box isnt tuned or its tuned too low some subs will bottom out and thats going to hurt your coils. build a box and tune it a little higher.

the box is tuned to 45..

isn't really made to play them lows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.